QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JAN. 5, 2022

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It varies. Cricket will never sleep on the bed with us. She will sometimes come up when it's just me, but if it's both of us it's too crowded for her. Same if Austin gets up there. She does like it when I can't sleep sometimes and go over to the guest bedroom (her bed).
Austin does sleep on the bed sometimes, either in the middle down at the end or laying against/on my legs or feet. Sometimes in the middle of the night he will climb up on me for like half an hour or so. I can't sleep when he's on me because he squirms around and I have to hold him so he doesn't fall off.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee rotates between his radiator bed or the sofa after we've gone upstairs. We used to have a goldfish who is since no longer with us, so he still doesn't try to sleep in our rooms as we taught him to stay downstairs when the fish was still alive.

Fudge is still sadly missing (we reckon he has re-homed himself with a neighbour), but when he was with us, he used to sleep on the sofa with Toffee.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mystery sleeps on my side of the bed,sometimes with her head on my pillow,sometimes partially under the covers.Bunny sleeps on her Dad's side of the bed up near his pillow.Sometimes Mama will sleep in here with us and she's almost always at the foot of my side of our bed.Everybody else,oh my...there are so many blankies out there for them on benches,chairs and their couch.Now that the heater is on in the utility room,Penny and Cookie have taken to the top of the washer.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Graham Sleeps on the cat bed next to my pillow. It used to be Bourbon's but now Bourbon sleeps anywhere she wants, usually on the sofa. Barley sleeps in the kitchen, on top of the kibbles container. How he loves his kibbles!

By 4am everyone shifts next to me, on top of me and by my bed -- a sign that it is almost time to feed the divine divas.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With Ruby it really depends on the season.

Now that it's winter, and the house gets cool at night, she's usually on the bed, snuggled up right beside me. Sometimes she'll even get under the covers.

Once warmer nights arrive, she'll start the night with me, then venture off elsewhere.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once warmer nights arrive, she'll start the night with me, then venture off elsewhere.
It definitely is a seasonal thing. I don't see mine at night in the summer, but since it's been cold, they spend more time at night with me. Sometimes I get awakened by one wanting under the covers, but that doesn't happen too often.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I adopted my second dog, my cats haven't been sleeping in my bed like they used to because we're still working on getting the cats used to him. Lately Remy and Flora have been feeling more comfortable with Roo (the new dog) and have started to come back and sleep in my bed with me. As for Maisie, she generally sleeps in the basement (at least she has lately), but she also will sleep on the couch in the living room when there aren't dogs around.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue sleeps in the winter on my feet or stretched out full length beside me but in the summer now he is stretching out beside the bed on the floor. Just got to be careful I dont dangle a hand or foot out of the bed because it gets grabbed.
About 3.00am its time to chase balls around and jump from tables and benches then exactly 5.30 am he jumps on the bed and sniffs my face to see if i am awake.
I am on vacation at the moment and trying to get a few sleep in's so learning how to play dead really well...lol