Question of the Day, Wednesday, February 7, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :lovecat2: For today’s question let’s talk about pet peeves.

Whenever I use a public restroom I look in the stall before doing my business. I get grossed out if someone hasn’t flushed especially you know what. 💩 Also disgusting if they leave soiled toilet paper on the floor. I now check to make sure there's T.P. in the stall too. And, of course, if they leave the bathroom without washing their hands. I’ve seen or heard just about everything and can’t understand why someone would talk on their cell phone while using the toilet. :nono:

WHAT ARE YOUR PET PEEVES WHEN USING A PUBLIC RESTROOM?

Last edited:

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a squirrel bladder I think so i have to use the bathroom like 20 times a day... I too look in the stalls first! Sometimes they are so gross. My worst pet peeve if you can call it that is event toilets, like the plastic Dixie toilets at festivals. They are always so gross! And as someone with hip problems I can't crouch over them so touching them is inevitable:(

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from what has already been said, we were outdoor dining at this little place when J was about 7 months old and she had a blowout. The restaurant's restroom didn't have a changing table and I had to change that giant mess on my little travel pad on the floor.

It's such a little thing to have those plastic changing tables on the walls (in men's rooms too, please) even if they're rarely used. Don't make us change our babies on the floor.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything...
Seeing someone leave without washing their hands.
People who don't flush
Not wrapping up and disposing of feminine hygiene products "neatly"
Pee drops on the toilet seat. If you choose to hover...wipe up after yourself!
Parents who let their kids crawl on the floor and look under stall doors. Yeah it's just a kid...but I don't want any peepers staring at me.
Those who leave a big mess of water all over the counter....I get it might be cumulative from several had washings...but it's still gross. Just shake your hands in the sink before you go grab paper towels or go to the hand dryer.
And that little moment when you accidentally make eye contact with someone thru the little crack where the door and frame meet. This doesn't happen all the time, but some bathroom stalls are not as tightly put together as others and there could be like an inch wide crack. You can't see anything major but when two eyeballs meet just right...it's weird.

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL okay. Gross things aside I can’t stand when it’s a really small but not private/single use bathroom with like two stalls that are both being used and instead of just waiting outside the whole little bathroom for a stall people cram themselves inside the bathroom anyways and stand right in front of the stall door near the sink. It’s so awkward because one, they can hear EVERYTHING and two, when you finally leave the stall you have to make like direct eye contact with them before you’ve even gotten out of the stall and there’s barely any space so you’re almost like pressing up against them as they try to get in the stall and you try to get to the sink…

Like please people if it’s a tiny but not private bathroom just wait outside, not right outside the stall like a stalker poop paralysis demon 💩👹

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pee on the seat is my main one; but also unflushed toilets when the flush is still working - I go by the mantra of if you wouldn’t do it or want it in your bathroom at home, don’t do it in a public toilet!

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Other people being there. :lol: I firmly believe we'd all be happier if every public restroom was a self-contained room.

Otherwise, lots of trash, if someone missed the toilet, or if they didn't flush.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's such a little thing to have those plastic changing tables on the walls (in men's rooms too, please) even if they're rarely used. Don't make us change our babies on the floor.
I remember those days - I used to go out to the car and open the hatch to change our baby on a diaper bag pad in the back. At least many places have a separate family room now in case you have to nurse/breast feed which I also did in the car many times.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The park district here has those weird toilets in closed off shelter houses that are basically a bench with a hole into the ground. A few years ago, some deranged and obviously disturbed man hopped in one of those holes of the ladies room and the police caught him. Ever since then, I make sure I go before I leave the house and only allow myself to sip on water if I'm going to be gone most of the day.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People who don't sit on the toilet seat and just hover. That is the reason there is pee on the seats, so they are only making it worse. Also anyone who doesn't wash their hands because that is absolutely disgusting.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember those days - I used to go out to the car and open the hatch to change our baby on a diaper bag pad in the back. At least many places have a separate family room now in case you have to nurse/breast feed which I also did in the car many times.
I always just breast feed at the table. I have no shame. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to avoid them if at all possible. Sometimes it's just not; but i do try to get to places I know usually have cleaner restrooms.

My biggest peeve: pee on the seats. I had this issue at a JOB. A job while I was pregnant. A job where there were only 2 of us working there the majority of the time. So how does one tell their boss to just sit and stop peeing on the dang seat so their pregnant employee can go too because I sure wasn't the one hovering. I've never understood why people who hover don't just lift the seat since they aren't making use of it.:hmmm::rolleyes2: