QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
With the New Year only a few days away I'd like to wish everyone at TCS a Happy & Healthy New Year! 🎆 And what a year it's been. Although it definitely helps to share our homes with a cat(s) to help relieve any stress from the pandemic to supply shortages to gas prices, etc. But there's always something good no matter how small that stood out in our lives this year so for today's question.........

QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHAT WAS ONE HIGHLIGHT IN YOUR LIFE THIS YEAR?

The highlight of my year would have to be one of our daughters moving back from the west coast. She doesn't live right around the corner but she's close enough that we can visit, spend holidays together and she can see Carleton. :lovecat3:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a new job :) I was so burned out with the previous job. Poor management and lack of competent trained staff:bat: My job search started in January after I wasn't considered for an internal position (it was given on a silver plate to a co-worker. That's a whole other story in itself). The job search was slow and didn't pick up until late Spring. I heard about my current job through LinkedIn. I knew the manager of the position (co-worker from a long ago job) so I sent her a message saying that I had applied and hoped to hear back soon. I did the interviews and got the job :yess:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Got a new job. Pays better, nicer hours, a good step up for more better jobs in the future. Old job was getting really taxing and frustrating.
- Got a new car
- Got accepted into my Master's Degree program at a great Uni

Cheating since I am mentioning more than one highlight :lol: Wasn't always smooth sailing but happy about the new changes and accomplishments thus far.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It was mostly a year of lowlights but the highlight for me was probably getting vaccinated and feeling for a few months like life was back to “normal”. Visiting the dentist for the first time in 18 months, getting a haircut and going out in public without being fearful was great. Didn’t last, but was great while it did.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My aunt came to visit. I always make a point to see her when I go visit my family; but she hadn't been here since my wedding 18 years ago! She just isn't a traveler like that. But I think the pandemic stopping family visits made us all appreciate family time in a different way. So she came and it was great! My mom got to take her to a bunch of places. We joined in for some and she (a major gardener) got to come see my gardens in full bloom.