Question of the Day, Wednesday, August 2, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: The weather is starting to heat up here again but yesterday we took advantage of the cooler temps by going into the city and eating outside by the river. Nice breezes, scenic atmosphere and my favorite part was this little fellow who was my companion. He/she kept me company opening his/her mouth so I just had to share some crumbs. I hope he/she doesn't mind I posted their pic on TCS. :wink:

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT EATING OUTDOORS?

IMG_2043.jpeg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
everything; i won't eat outdoors if is too hot but i love being out drinking coffee,
eating pancakes and people watching. sometimes, i will bring a magazine.
i was not able to clean my deck this year so i enjoy being out in town.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's a nice restaurant with outdoor seating, I do enjoy it to watch scenery and people watching. Or in our backyard, which is quiet and it's nice to have a meal without being interrupted by whatever is inside the house (like cats begging lol).

Anywhere else it's a burden now that I'm older. Just too uncomfortable.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The cool breezes blowing while I sit in the shade :) Canadian summers are short and winters are long where I am, so I try to take advantage of the warm weather days and seek out patio dining!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Absolutely nothing. However, with the problems of Covid, I learned to eat outside in restaurants that have outdoor seating. Around here, that is virtually everyplace. So, two part answer: picnics or the like I won't even consider, but outdoor restaurants I will. I always throw treats to the birds or seagulls.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not big on eating outside. I do like to have coffee outside. When I was still going to Starbucks, their prices have gotten too high now, I went to one that had a large nice outdoor area. I would go on Saturday morning and people would bring their dogs all of which were well behaved. It was close to an orthodox Jewish synagogue and the men would walk by on their way to synagogue. They would be in the dark suits with top hats and sidelocks.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just being outside, assuming it's not hot and is a comfortable temperature. The last few times I've ate outside, I was on vacation near the ocean, so having a good view is awesome.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…maybe, besides people watching, the way it makes time stand still, or at least slow down a little. There is good craic, an appreciation of the moment, peace.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never have enjoyed eating outside much at all.There have been a few times where it's been okay,but I'd rather not.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm another one who doesn't choose to eat outdoors. At least, not real food. S'mores are something else entirely. But as far as a meal, lingering over food and conversation--just don't like being outside fending off the bugs, wind disrupting my meal, and the heat and humidity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
besides people watching, the way it makes time stand still, or at least slow down a little. There is good craic, an appreciation of the moment, peace.
My feelings exactly! :agree:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoying the nice weather, the scenery, the relaxation, the summer sounds, engaging with good conversation with someone if I have a companion with me.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m not a fan really. If the temperatures and humidity are right; and there are no bugs, then coffee or a bbq are ok. But usually those things don’t happen here so I’d much prefer to eat indoors.

My grandparents had a small covered back patio that was beautiful in the mornings and evenings. They definitely had less bugs and mosquitoes to bother you. So that’s probably the only place I remember enjoying being outside that I could probably enjoy eating something.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really into eating outside. It's fine for a big outdoor BBQ or something with mostly finger friendly foods and cold stuff, but overall not a fan. I like my hot food hot, and when there's a breeze it cools too quick. I don't like swatting bugs away. I have to make sure I have shade. And I don't like feeling wind blowing on me when I'm eating, I always ending up getting my hair in my mouth or tickling my face which is annoying. Of course when we're camping we don't have much of a choice...although we will eat in our dining tent which helps a lot.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We usually prefer to eat inside a restaurant. At home, we do enjoy a picnic. We'll sit on the deck or by the pool with our food and chow down. When we have friends in, we'll sometimes do a picnic outside. It's quiet and relaxing. Sometimes we'll make a fire and sit by the fire with our dinner. When it's really hot? Inside!