Question Of The Day, Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My feet feel itchy. I want to go somewhere far away. I get like that sometimes. If you could visit a foreign country with the money to do the things you really wanted to do, where would it be?

For me, I want to go to Scotland. I want to visit the Border areas and the Highlands, especially. I'm between 3/4 and 7/8 Scots, and something in me longs to walk the land my ancestors walked (and rode, and were deported from...we were Border Reivers, not awfully sweet). It calls to me. I have family in the Great Northern Highlands as well, on my mom's side.

SIGH...I am a Scot. My clan is Elliot, and this is the home of my heart.

Hermitage Castle, ancestral home of Clan Elliot

Lilacat >(^.^)<

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My ancestry is from the UK, but for some reason, I'm very attracted to the Asian countries, China, Japan, etc......architecture, decor, some foods, vegetation, & pandas!
But I do not like to travel, so it isn't going to happen.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area in Tanzania. It's the one area of Africa where you are almost guaranteed to see the big 5 animals of Africa, the lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard in their natural habitat.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With money and time being no object and if we didn't have cats who'd miss us, Japan calls. Both my husband and I have a big interest in going eventually. Lots of other places we'd love to visit but that one is the big dream vacation.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky enough to have already traveled to many of my dream destinations - France, Croatia (that's a quarter of my mixed up heritage there), Antarctica....I'm heading to South Africa this summer so I'll just be one Australia away from seven continents.

But the one place I've really wanted to go if money was no object and I could guarantee a safe trip would be Egypt to see the pyramids.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Travel lover here so there is a lot I want to see - I already been to one of my "musts" which was Ireland. Would be happy to go back someday!

I would like to go back to Finland. I haven't been since I was a small child, but flights alone there are very expensive! Compared to travelling to other places :eek3: The cost of flights/hotel/other overall in a week in Prague was the same as one round trip ticket to Helsinki and back. Still though, it remains a life time goal and I am determined to make it happen.

I am also on the same boat as Scotland! It is on my list.

Rome - although already going to go see this summer.

Would like to see all the World War I/II sights in Northern France and Belgium.

Russia, Poland, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania, Japan, England, a South American country etc are all other goals too.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Australia. Did you know that there's a town in Australia where it's illegal to mine opals, so the residents build their houses underground, because that isn't illegal, nor is selling the rocks you may have dug up when you decided to add a new room to your house. :lol: "Whoops! We're going to have a baby! Better build a nursery so we can start the kid's college fund."

Margret

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd like to go to Australia or New Zealand. My childhood friends mom was from New Zealand and always talked fondly of it. My friend went there often enough to qualify for dual citizenship and always brought home treats.

I'd also like to visit Europe. No particular country but just hopscotch around for a month or two and see where the trains/roads take me.

More locally, I want to see all the states I haven't been to. Which is mostly Washington, Oregon and anything east of the Mississippi. I'd like to go back to Yellowstone again and take a nice leisurely road trip from here to there. I am debating about going to Arizona next month to go to an authors book signing. He is coming more local but I really enjoyed my last quick trip to Arizona.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've always wanted to visit Ireland but the first two on my wish list are Italy and France especially the quaint small towns in the countryside followed by Spain and Portugal.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First on the list is Italy. I wanna be like Frances in Under the Tuscan Sun. Great movie if you haven't seen it. I haven't read the book. One of these days.

Rounding out the top 5

France
The Bahamas
Spain
Greece