Question of the Day, Wednesday, April 17, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :hellocat: Today is National Banana Day. There’s so much you can do with this fruit besides just eating them, e.g. they can be used in pudding, muffins, pies, pancakes, sandwiches, bread, cakes, dipped in chocolate and frozen, milk shakes, etc. I like to eat a banana almost every day as a mid-morning snack and bake cinnamon chocolate chip banana bread. They also have health benefits and are a good source of vitamins and important nutrients.

DO YOU EAT BANANAS EITHER ALONE OR IN SOMETHING? :banana1:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself has a banana every morning as part of his breakfast. And I usually have bananas, peeled and frozen, in the refrigerator's freezer for making a smoothie in the Magic Bullet when the mood strikes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like them raw but like the taste in smoothies.
My son-in-law can't eat them raw because he said he doesn't like the texture but will eat them in other foods.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love bananas! That's one staple fruit that's in my house all year round! It's such a healthy snack and I love how easy it is to peel them LOL. When I make my own smoothies I also must have bananas in them; all fruits or nuts are optional.

I guess you can say I go bananas about bananas ;)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have at least one banana on its own every morning. Some of the frozen fruit mixes that I use for smoothies have bananas included. They aren't my favorite fruit but they are okay. I am trying to deal with borderline high blood pressure without medication and getting enough potassium is part of it and they are a good source of potassium.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We both love them,either as is or in banana bread,which is our favorite baked goodie to use them in.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not a huge fan of bananas. But people have brought me banana bread that I thought was really good!

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Preferred in things…especially with chocolate…