Question of the Day - Tuesday, November 16

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Hello! Happy Tuesday!

What is very popular in other parts of the world that you wish was more popular where you live?

Of course I love where I live, but I do wish there was more sports that fancy my interest available on the tely. Soccer is getting better in it's availability, but I also love Equestrian, Ski Jumping, Rugby and Biathlon which is very rarely shown here. Sure I can sometimes stream it online but not quite the same. Sometimes that also includes some hurdles; I would have to pay extra for very specific services, just to get something like the Tour de France which is really irritating. Or some things simply wouldn't even be available to the Canadian market. I guess you can say I like all the non-North American sports yet they are the ones that are predominantly shown lol Ah well, C'est la vie.

tumblr_n6xca5c9p41r88n74o1_400.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/qv7kun/nonamericans_of_reddit_what_is_popular_in_the_us/

Asia and her cats

Just a dog and her cats
Kitten
Purraise
World foods!

I’m British but I live in Italy and I reeeeeaaaaaally miss good Chinese and Indian restaurants. There are Chinese restaurants here, but they’re mostly a front for money laundering so the quality is awful, except for the ones in big cities 😂 but at least they have Chinese beers! I’ve only ever found two Indian restaurants here, both up north but both were amazing. I cook a lot of Indian dishes myself, but my partner hates spicy food 🙈 every now and then Lidl has Asian sauces or Mexican-style products but it’s not the same. Sushi is becoming more popular here and is of very good quality, it’s even available in supermarkets.

I just really miss a good take-away 😋

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is very popular in other parts of the world that you wish was more popular where you live?
Reading this and feeling hungry my mind went to food too...When I lived in the states I just loved biscuits and gravy for breakfast..just cant get it here...any good recipes greatly appreciated...ohh and a proper Rubens.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Probably stuff like festivals, myths and legends. They really interest me and I wish they were more integrated in our country. Halloween would be a big one for example, or the day of the death (I didn't dare try to spell it in Spanish, sorry😅). I think I might start to explore other believes, because their rituals seem very interesting. I've grown to hate most common western holidays, so I'll just celebrate midsummer and the likes instead 😂

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hockey! i really wish hockey was as popular here as it is in some parts of the east coast or like across the border in canada. course we dont have the weather needed her in cali to grow up playing pond hockey much less midget league type hockey like how they have tee ball for kids all over the place

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hockey! i really wish hockey was as popular here as it is in some parts of the east coast or like across the border in canada. course we dont have the weather needed her in cali to grow up playing pond hockey much less midget league type hockey like how they have tee ball for kids all over the place
It's pretty popular in North Carolina. Go Canes!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I was just searching the web for some place to buy concord grapes and coming up empty. I grew up in NW PA, and very rural area. Not a farm, but we had among other things concord grape vines. I love them, I would just go get a bunch when I came home and eat them on the way through the yard. We had a lot of fruit trees and such. I really miss being able to go out in the yard and pick what you want. The stuff you get in grocery stores is never as good as that was.

Asia and her cats

Just a dog and her cats
Kitten
Purraise
Universal Healthcare...Universal Dentalcare would be even better, but I never heard of it anywhere.
Wales in the U.K has almost-free dental for certain groups in society. I’d never paid for any dental work until I moved to Italy and had a “complementary” check-up and clean at which point they told me I had 800€ worth of work to be done.

Yeah, I have a dog and five cats, 4 of which have lifelong health issues and cost 400€ a month in food alone. I’ll see you when I need full dentures 🙈

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drumlines! We don't have a lot of community support for local/university sporting events and with that we don't have cheerleading or drumlines/bands. While I love watching cheerleading I would so love to see a drumline live.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Public transpiration in my small city is unfortunate. I would love to live in a city that has a good railway system.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading this and feeling hungry my mind went to food too...When I lived in the states I just loved biscuits and gravy for breakfast..just cant get it here...any good recipes greatly appreciated...ohh and a proper Rubens.
Sent you a recipe

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine would be:

- Wifi on public transport (London hasn't surprisingly caught onto this!)
- A republic instead of a monarchy (not the biggest fan of royalty, especially the British royal family and the rate they're going here!)
- No uniform policies in schools