Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 25

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone is well!

Where is the farthest place you’ve ever traveled in a car? How long did it take?

From Halifax to Montreal (And vice versa) which took approximately 12-13 hours. It's when I used to live in Nova Scotia for a few years as a kid and my parents and I would travel over to visit my maternal grandparents. It wasn't too bad in retrospect, but for a 8-10 year old it can feel long lol although my grandparents were definitely worth it!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man , I can relate. I took my son on vacation to Yellowstone with a brand new 83 Chevy Chevette. Transmission went out and we ended having to come back by bus. When the car was finally repaired, I flew in and drove the 1000 or so miles back to Minnesota by myself. You have never felt hot until you have driven through South Dakota in mid July 102 degree temps in a car without air conditioning. I kept a cooler in the front seat and kept stuffing ice down my clothes the whole way just to keep me a tad cooler. Never had a car without air since then.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man , I can relate. I took my son on vacation to Yellowstone with a brand new 83 Chevy Chevette. Transmission went out and we ended having to come back by bus. When the car was finally repaired, I flew in and drove the 1000 or so miles back to Minnesota by myself. You have never felt hot until you have driven through South Dakota in mid July 102 degree temps in a car without air conditioning. I kept a cooler in the front seat and kept stuffing ice down my clothes the whole way just to keep me a tad cooler. Never had a car without air since then.
A Chevette?? At least I was driving my red '68 Mustang fastback.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One way or one trip it's hard to say. Probably Chicago to Florida. When I was like 14 we did a tour of the west and went through N Dak all the way to Idaho and came back through Wyoming and S Dak, but that was over a couple weeks with a lot of stops and sightseeing, so not sure it counts.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As an adult it was a hundred miles south of Kansas City to Tacoma WA. There were road trips when I was a kid. From the same point in Kansas to Carlsbad New Mexico. From that same point in Kansas to Panama City FL. I also had a trip to the other corner of the U.S. but that was from northeast Ohio to Bayonne NJ just outside of New York City. That wouldn't have been as far as the others.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from los angeles california to vancouver brittish columbia i forget how long the drive took. ido remember how shocked i was at how clean all the lil towns and vancouver was though :lol:no bums, grafiti on the walls or trash on the streets:lol:and the smell was so much cleaner than down town los angeles

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
From IL to Maine but we stopped along the way to visit my sister and sight see which took two weeks. It was a great trip and when we stopped at a B&B in Corning, NY the house cat slept with us - he was a big orange Persian. :gingercat2: We were so enamored with him that we made a point of staying again on our way back.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Toronto, Canada from NY. It was like a 12 hour trip. I celebrated Canada Day with my Canadian friends and then made a stop at Niagara Falls for about an hour. Beautiful. My friend and I decided to get home by 8pm so we could see the fireworks for July 4th. We drove all the way home, non-stop. I was practically sticking 🥵 to my seat and my butt was hurting for sitting down so long, but we got home on time and was able to celebrate the 4th of July.💥💥💥 never forgot that trip and how crazy we were to drive for so long. We were young and foolish. 😁