cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Today is my birthday :blush:

Bask in my glory! Bask, I say! :worship:

(I kid, I kid!)

What is something unique about your cat/kitties?

That you find is very special or different about them?

Liffey: A very bubbly, playful, sweet litttle ginger. Transformed from being a scared, hungry feral kitten to a cuddly and friendly full time house kitty very fast. Very goofy when she wants to be! Always up to sleep on her back with her legs up in the air.

Camelot: He is very paternal and affectionate, a real daddy cat! He was very much involved in his biological daughter's life (Morgana) and when Liffey and Tippy Toes came along as babies he continued being fatherly to them. Cuddling and cleaning them etc

Morgana: Deaf, and personality wise she is a determined and fearless little bugger! very naughty, too clever for her own good - knows how to open doors very well, for example. Very apt at turning all sorts of knobs, thus the need for hooks and locks everywhere now....

Tippy Toes: She is a little polydactyl kitten :biggrin: six toes on each tootsie. Already showing herself to be an excellent climber :lol: clever and strong willed altogether.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Aside from being extremely cute 24/7, Carleton has an unusual habit of laying across my husband's feet when he sits down. But whatever Carleton does we think is unique and adorable.:hearthrob:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy likes his meals to be spoon fed to him.

He was in really bad shape when we took him in, and couldn't be tempted to eat or drink anything. Unfortunately, because he was still semi-feral at that point, and we didn't know whether or not he had had any of his shots, we were afraid to try to feed him with a syringe like we've done with our other cats when they got sick. So we'd keep waving spoonfuls of food under his nose in the hope that he'd get a good whiff and be persuaded to give it a try.

Well, by the grace of God, Buddy is still with us -- and still eating out of a spoon. :wink:

Happy birthday, cassiopea cassiopea !

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rocket: When she wants to be pet she wants you to start at her head and go down to her tail. When you get to her tail she "dings" and will turn around for you to start at her head again. Her "ding" is a little tiny pipsqueak of a meow.

Link: He is just Link and unique. He is incredibly expressive and there is never any doubt with him. If I am moving too much at night he will reach out and smack me to stop moving. If I don't listen he will either get up and huff (literally huff) before leaving the room or he will climb on top of my legs so I can't move.

Nightfury: I swear he thinks he is human. If he is playing with Link and it is his turn to be chased he will run to my Mom and jump in her arms. Then he glares down at Link until Link turns away. As soon as Link turns away Fury will jump down and jump on Links back. Link luckily goes with the flow and just looks confused for a moment before playing again.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Casper puts US to bed. He's very insistent about what time we should be heading upstairs. He leads us, makes sure we follow and then expects us to lift him into the bed for a round of head butts. Then he flumps. As do we.

Cocoabean does not drink. Anything. I think in the years she's been with us I've seen her a handful of times at most go for the water bowl. We even got a fountain and well, meh for her. She eats no kibble anymore so I'm not worried about her liquid intake. I'd worry more if it was the opposite.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar will watch just about anything on TV, but he's pickier when it comes to DVDs. He's especially fond of musicals. He's watched Fiddler on the Roof so many times, I think he knows all the words by now. :wink:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Belated Birthday, cassiopea cassiopea ! :bday:

Mollipop - As soon as my butt hits our bed, Molli's butt hits me. She wraps herself around my left arm and she curls her tail completely around my arm. And that's how we sleep. If I have to roll over, I'll say, "Molli, Mama has to get up" and she sits up and waits for me to get comfortable again. And then she lays back down with me. Molli also gets a tour of the basement every morning after I'm finished on the treadmill. I open the basement door and she comes into the basement and waits for me to pick her up. We walk around the basement and then go back upstairs together. When she was a wee kitten, she fell in love with a pink fluffy mousie; she still has that mousie and she still sleeps with it when she naps during the day.
Muffin - Has her very own stroller, which is her comfort zone. She spends a lot of her time sacked out in her stroller; she'll hop inside and curl up for hours.
Tabby - Likes to talk to everything! She hollers at the birds outside in the bushes, she talks to bugs on the front stoop of the house, she talks to her meeces. She, too, has a pink mouse (it's a very small mouse, not like Molli's fluffy mouse) and when she can't find it, she will actually start calling it. And when she finds it, her voice takes on a completely different sound. We think she's saying, "Pinky! Where have you been! I've been looking all over! C'mere!" And then she leaps on Pinky, picks her up and away they go.
Amber - Likes to mutter. She does not meow, she mutters. And she can tell time! Honest! She knows exactly when it's 3:30 in the morning; that's when she starts to mutter.
Ms. Pepe - At 21, Pepe spends her time eating and sleeping. Her favorite spot is Rick's lap and she has to qualms about telling him how to sit on the couch so that she can be more comfortable.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
It took me several months to convince my cat Zoe that she was allowed on the couch. She was approximately 3 year old stray when I got her. I would put her on the couch and she would jump off and look up at me like she was going to get in trouble. She is very much at ease and comfy on the couch now. She is unique to me in that I have never owned a cat as disciplined as Zoe. It took less time to convince her that she is not allowed to roam the neighborhood when we go outside than it took to get her on the couch. She was easier to restrict than unrestrict.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy Birthday, cassiopea cassiopea :bday::party2::party3::party:

Ozzy keeps trying to be a lap cat even though he's way too big for that. Here is his attempt to sleep on my lap. :lol:

18491395_1445643998789631_7903732837422173208_o.jpg

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday, cassiopea cassiopea ! :party:

with my Mickey :rbheart:, he was my 'mini me'. we were very bonded to each other, and he was pretty much always near me.

with my little Snick :rbheart:, she was incredibly smart. in fact, sometimes too smart for her own good! she could open any cabinet, taught herself to do that over the course of several nights.

our Dude is very sensitive to those around him, and is a very loving and gentle boy!

DeeDee loves everyone, and loves to snuggle with everyone!

and our Punky is my little helper. she must see what i'm doing around the house, and likes to supurrvise!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilith is the queen. She is alpha in our house. She is for the most part very sweet and easy going but if you do something she does not like she will let you know that the behavior will not be tolerated. I get yelled at often for various infractions but usually it's because I have not fed her fast enough. She always knows when I don't feel well and stays right by my side.

Sophie is very mischievous and silly. She gets into EVERYTHING and hates closed doors. She's still trying to get into DD's room. :lol: DD was trying to sleep the other morning and Sophie was crying outside her door to get her to open it. DD brought her into my room and closed my door. I woke up to Lilith's pitiful crying outside MY door. DD did not let her go in my room before closing the door. When I opened it, the crying immediately turned to YELLING and boy did I get told off. Sophie's mischievousness got me in trouble with the queen. :lol: :sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the Bday wishes everyone! :cloud9:

And wonderful tidbits about all the kitties! Amazing muchkins :thumbsup: