Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 16

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings and Happy Tuesday! :redheartpump:

What's the most entertaining thing you've personally seen a stranger do in public?

One time while walking around in Rome, Italy, a man just randomly started singing Opera in a piazza. Soon enough a whole crowed showed up around him. Really a nice addition to an already lovely day! He was very talented.

There were other buskers of course, musicians and magicians and the like, but it was my first time experiencing opera on the street!

56964be0b8772fb783ee4235b39b4c38.gif

As a former retail worker definitely have some other stories :lol: but I'll stick to this nice core memory that holds the most.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
in Key West at sunset a man had a huge snake dressed up in a frock and a sweet hat. Her name was Trouble

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It doesn't sound particularly special, but it was wonderful.. An exceptionally talented young flautest at the base of an escalator on the circle line in London.. The music could be heard just as you approached the station, and riding down the escalator, the acoustics were amazing. I could hear it for quite some time.

I'd love to stumble across a flash mob.. Antwerp Railway Station had a couple of brilliant ones.. DoReMe from the Sound of Music, and this Grease medley:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I need to get out more. I can't think of anything "entertaining" except for a few random morons acting like dinks for stupid reasons.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A guy in Nashville, TN playing a guitar and singing country (of course) songs for tips. This was back in '92 or '93; the last time we were there.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A young pair of professionally trained violinists dressed in denim shorts and t-shirts playing Beethoven (I think) in the bowels of Penn Station, NY. I almost never give money to street performers (mainly because pulling your wallet out in public not the smartest thing to do) but in this instance I threw a bunch of bills into one of their open violin cases and stuck around to listen and take a short video of them. I LOVE violins.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A guy was playing the accordion in the parking lot of our local grocery store. Weird and random.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a man who plays a violin in the shopping center parking lot for donations. He uses a speaker but I am pretty sure he is actually playing and it’s beautiful. I sometimes just sit in my car and listen for a while.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was at a museum in San Francisco, my sister and I saw a woman walking a duck on a leash. We left our phones with our mom to charge, so we ran back to grab them, but by the time we got back, the duck and the lady were gone. 😩

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When my daughter was living in NYC we got on the subway and a group of men started dancing in the aisle and jumping over seats. They were pretty talented too!

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't sound particularly special, but it was wonderful.. An exceptionally talented young flautest at the base of an escalator on the circle line in London.. The music could be heard just as you approached the station, and riding down the escalator, the acoustics were amazing. I could hear it for quite some time.

I'd love to stumble across a flash mob.. Antwerp Railway Station had a couple of brilliant ones.. DoReMe from the Sound of Music, and this Grease medley:
Where was the music coming from during the flash mob?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Where was the music coming from during the flash mob?
Loud speakers at the railway station.. the ones they use to give messages about arrivals, departures etc.