Question Of The Day - Tuesday, June 25

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Blind date apparently. :rolleyes2:. They had known of each other as went to the same junior school but not been friends. They were set up for a blind date by friends (I think it was a school leaving dance).
They were married 25 years when my dad died and my mom never remarried. They would have been married about 68 years now and I'm sure they would still be married if my dad were alive. My mom's a very elegant 90 year old. Dad was a year younger than her.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just so (not) romantic. They met in the unemployment line. My mom wasn’t smitten but gave him her number anyway and then avoided taking his call for weeks. Given their unhappy marriage she probably should have just continued that.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My father was staying at the YMCA. He was 20. My mother was working in the cafeteria. My father saw my mother and thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. My mother thought my father was the handsomest man she had ever seen. They were both shy but eventually ended up eating together and marrying. Neither one looked at anyone else for 73 years, when my father died at 93. Even just before he died, if you came into the room, she was likely to be sitting on his lap with her arm around him. She recently died also at 90 so now they are together again forever.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father was staying at the YMCA. He was 20. My mother was working in the cafeteria. My father saw my mother and thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. My mother thought my father was the handsomest man she had ever seen. They were both shy but eventually ended up eating together and marrying. Neither one looked at anyone else for 73 years, when my father died at 93. Even just before he died, if you came into the room, she was likely to be sitting on his lap with her arm around him. She recently died also at 90 so now they are together again forever.
WOW, R rgwanner . That story comes really, really close to reaffirming my belief that people can really care about each other. Thanks for sharing. Your folks must have been wonderful people and excellent parents.