Question Of The Day - Tuesday, June 20

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
***Late edition***

Pardon the tardyness, I was on a plane to Europe on Tuesday. Only a 7 hour flight but jet lag can still get to you. Greetings from the Czech Republic!

How are your kitties with other animals?

All of my kitties are fine with doggies, as they live comfortably with one, and are good companions with one another. The obvious animals, like squirrels and birds, are a no go :lol: There has been some, er, incidents with them... especially one surprise murder of a red squirrel.

Camelot used to be around horses prior to becoming a full time indoor kitty, so he is fine with them too. Same with Liffey, who I discovered in my barn before also becoming an indoor kitty. My other kitties haven't been around horses so wouldn't know with them.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I adopted Speedy, on her bio paper, there was a logo of a dog in a circle with a line through it, so I immediately knew "no dogs". I understand she was rescued from a situation with another cat or cats, but she is my one and only here. She gets scared seeing dogs and gets mad when she sees cats from the neighborhood go by the window. If it wasn't for the fact that she goes outside on a harness only, I do get the feeling she would love to hunt mice, birds, and chipmunks.

As a matter of fact, last night she came from the cellar with a mole, dropped it in the living room and the chase was on. I was on top of a table for most of it but we got it squared away. She is off limits to the cellar for a while. That is why I'm sure she gets her flea, tick and worm treatment every month.

I've also seen her do very quick, fancy dives for insects when we go out for walks. :purplebutterfly::reddragonfly::bluebutterfly::bluedragonfly::butterfly::reddragonfly:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
As a matter of fact, last night she came from the cellar with a mole, dropped it in the living room and the chase was on. I was on top of a table for most of it but we got it squared away.
:flail:Sorry, but the "on top of a table for most of it" made me laugh.

cassiopea cassiopea , have a good time (and be safe)!

Our cats get along with everybody (with the exception of Mollipop and Muffin, who do not get along with each other). They were a little spooked when The Beast first got here, but they within a couple of days, they adapted (it took Muffin considerably longer). Now when I start getting the food ready in the morning, the girls will leap right over The Beast to get to the kitchen; she doesn't run fast enough to suit them. One morning, Tabby scurried under The Beast and Molli leaped over her. They don't care as long as there's plenty of food to go around.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had my indoor kitties I did not have any other animals except for a liter of feral kittens I brought inside to tame and find a home for. My inside cats got along fine with them. A co-worker was kind enough to take all 4 kittens for me.

Muffy

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My current cats ignore my two mice. Whch is good since both cats eat raw and are unaware that mice are yummy to eat. When I had gerbls before, the cats were still kittens so they were curious about furry little moving balls but didn't try to harm them.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
When I had my gecko, they'd ignore him for the post part. sometimes they'll sit and stare at the tank. I haven't dared to try with other animals in the house

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm......i know that our Dude definitely does not like dogs. i'm not sure about the girls. :dunno:

i do think that all three of mine would go after any rodent, and quite possibly other critters, if they were let outdoors. my three are indoors-only.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The cats are far more interested in the frogs and lizards that like to hang out on the outsides of the windows than they are in the dog. There's one big old frog that hangs out on one of the kitchen windows. Lily likes to sit on the windowsill and they will both stay there for a while.That's her pal -at least while there is glass between them :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Carol/LaRussa (I don't know if anybody remembers her) had two guinea pigs, Pudgie and Jackie, and a cat, Misty. The cat was very interested in the guinea pigs when Carol first got them, but eventually she pretty much lost interest. Misty never did anything to the pigs, other than sit around and watch them from time to time.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Not good.

They'll kill anything smaller than them (found half a dead mole down the back of the sofa this morning) and they hate dogs.

They don't seem to mind the deer. There is a family of wild deer that live near here and they spend a lot of time watching each other. Not sure how it would be if the fence wan't there. They may well try to work together to bring a smaller deer down.

:ohwell: