Question of the Day - Tuesday, July 19

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The telephone ringing - any time during the night always is. Last night at 1:30 am my dementia auntie called me because she wanted me to take care of a bill for her. I reminded her it was the middle of the night and to call me tomorrow but then of course I couldn’t get back to sleep for hours.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hearing a loud noise and not having a flashlight stronger than a firefly in a jar.
This happened a week or so ago and I went running outside just in time to see a long tail go just out of view on my roof. So now I have a cougar on my roof and not a single decent flashlight to show me exactly where it is.

I now have tons of fresh batteries.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My outdoor cameras detecting a person
The doorbell ringing
My phone vibrating (this happened last night around 2am, but it turns out it was just an alert about my Internet being out and my cameras being offline)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The telephone ringing - any time during the night always is. Last night at 1:30 am my dementia auntie called me because she wanted me to take care of a bill for her. I reminded her it was the middle of the night and to call me tomorrow but then of course I couldn’t get back to sleep for hours.
This
My mom used to say no good news happens after midnight. Every time I got a call that late it was someone dying or in the hospital.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This
My mom used to say no good news happens after midnight. Every time I got a call that late it was someone dying or in the hospital.
Exactly what I think when it rings! But I unfortunately I have a few relatives who are up all night and think everyone is. I actually had to block my brother because he repeatedly called me in the middle of the night for no good reason.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Exactly what I think when it rings! But I unfortunately I have a few relatives who are up all night and think everyone is. I actually had to block my brother because he repeatedly called me in the middle of the night for no good reason.
Yikes. The good thing about cell phones is you can turn off sound and notifications at night if you choose.
I choose LOL

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This
I tell my younger brother (and now my kids) nothing good happens after midnight.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
seeing 2 people walk out of my neighbor's kitchen onto their deck. the people were not my neighbors. I was scared but manned up and said, hello'

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I work overseas, a call at 3pm and 3am is both not normal and terrifying to me. Because one thing that immediately comes to mind are my children or my nephews or niece, and something might have happened. The only reasons anyone from my family would call me is if there is an emergency.

Another thing, it is normal for Bourbon to sleep on my chest at 3pm, no fuss. But when she does that at 3am, it would be frightening as there would be a hard swat on my face if I don't rise to serve her breakfast.