Question of the Day - Tuesday, February 22

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello! Happy Tuesday! :purr:

What would become 100% worse if it were to become invisible?

Ticks and Mosquitoes come to mind quickly :lol: Or bridges, toilet paper and tornadoes. Yikes!

Although my kitties would enjoy some extra shenanigans if they were invisible. At the same time, I would constantly be frantic about their wellbeing!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any living thing, really; I can't think of anything more terrifying than knowing an animal is near you but not being able to see it, read its body language, etc. Even worse if it's a predator, but even a perfectly harmless animal would still be scary. Can you imagine how you'd feel if an invisible pigeon was flapping around your head? No thanks!

For something non-living, I'll say clothes. Even if the invisible ones kept you warm and protected, that's not the only reason we wear clothes! Nobody wants to see that!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think of anything more terrifying than knowing an animal is near you but not being able to see it, read its body language, etc. Even worse if it's a predator,
This already happens, Every night when I go out to turn the heater on in the pump house. I feel eyes on me, I hear something moving, but I can't see a thing because it's so very dark. The pump house is about 60-70 ft from the house, and I can't get back fast enough.

I also agree with clothes. There are some people I definitely don't want to see without clothes.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This already happens, Every night when I go out to turn the heater on in the pump house. I feel eyes on me, I hear something moving, but I can't see a thing because it's so very dark. The pump house is about 60-70 ft from the house, and I can't get back fast enough.
Aaiiiieee, that's terrifying! I don't like to go outside too much after dark. There aren't a lot of mountain lions in the area but there are enough.

And there were medium dog-type pawprints in the snow all over the property this morning but I don't know if it was coyotes or if a neighbor's dog did a run-by. I know coyotes rarely mess with humans but still.
What is a pump house?
Where a well pump is kept, if you have a well.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a well, but I think it's down cellar.
My property has a well, in a well house, but is now hooked up to Rural Water so the well isn't operable. But if it was, at least the well house is only about 10 feet away from the house, lol.

If things like grill/manhole covers or fire escapes were invisible, I'd be scared to step on them. I don't like the looks of that glass bridge!

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a pump house?
Where a well pump is kept, if you have a well.
The well is in a separate area. Only about 5 ft, but it has to have access to a crane in case a pipe breaks going from the well head to the water.
The pump house houses the pressure tank, electric breakers and all the pipes that go from the tank to the underground where is comes to the house. The pipes are 4ft deep, so they won't freeze, but the tank and the pipes going into it and coming out will.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaiiiieee, that's terrifying! I don't like to go outside too much after dark. There aren't a lot of mountain lions in the area but there are enough.

And there were medium dog-type pawprints in the snow all over the property this morning but I don't know if it was coyotes or if a neighbor's dog did a run-by. I know coyotes rarely mess with humans but still.
I have personally seen coyotes (not a big deal with those), wolves, cougar and bear. There are a lot more animals, but those are the ones that concern me at night when I can't see anything. Taking a flashlight makes it worse because it shows eye shine which makes you KNOW you're going to be eaten.