Question of the Day, Tuesday, February 1

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Helllloooooooo fellow humans! (And furry tiny humans) Welcome to the first day of February! :redheartpump:

What is one thing you could do easily as a kid but couldn't do now?

Back when we had a swing in one of my old childhood homes, I used to swing as high as possible then at the peak leap from my seat and catapult myself in the air. I'd land on the ground on my feet without much fuss, if with a bit of a thump of pressure. It wasn't a small swing either, my father built it himself with wood so it was quite tall. So to a kid the trajectory was quite something.

I was also a bit of a tree climber, climbing the tallest trees to the very top ~Much to my mother's dismay~ had no problem getting up and getting back down. (Granted, I am aware now that in both situations I was lucky that no injuries and/or getting stuck happened! Regardless of apparent skill) I haven't tried since my childhood but again, likely something I can't replicate nowadays :lol: unless it was an emergency perhaps for whatever reason.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, I was able to go on carnival rides and stuff without getting too dizzy. My stomach seems to be more sensitive the older I get. Going fast on one of these thrilled me as a kid, but the idea makes me feel ill now.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't tried cartwheels for decades, and couldn't possibly throw myself from a standing position down onto my hands these days!
But, I was well over 50 when I last went ice-skating. I would like to try again (another 20 years have since gone by) but I'm a bit worried about breaking something should I fall! I've still got my skates!
I used to sing in all the choirs I could find but ....... my singing voice has flown. 😥

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Handstands and skipping rope. I can still skip but not like I used to. And the last time I tried a handstand it was a good few years ago, I ended up in a heap on the floor with a cracked head. I had just told my youngest handstands are easy watch. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Run. When I was a kid, I ran everywhere. The nearest kid my age lived almost a half-mile away. No bicycle? No problem; just run over there and back home. Growing up, I walked or ran everywhere, but now with my bum knees I couldn't run 50 yards if my life depended on it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm surprised no one has said eat whatever they want yet! :lol:

I was never super coordinated to be able to do good cartwheels and things like that. I could do some. My kids don't know how but I highly doubt I could teach them. :lol:

I am still pretty flexible so I might be able to do a split.

As a teen I could hit some of the higher soprano notes. Not the highest; I sang what we called "2nd Soprano" (so mezzo-soprano) but I could get some of the higher notes and some of the lower alto notes well. My voice isn't in that kind of shape anymore so I don't think it would go well. :crazy:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the playground with my nieces this summer and I tried doing the monkey bars and I could barely hang from the bars without it hurting. I definitely couldn't even do the monkey bars.

I never could do monkey bars as a kid, much less climb those dome shaped structures at the playground :dunno:

Cartwheels, sit on the floor with my legs spread out and lean over to touch my forehead to the floor, not worry about life stuff like I do now.

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love how most of us miss doing cartwheels. I wish I still had the balance for it, but it seems my balance runs away more and more through the years. :lol: I miss reading how I did when I was a kid, I could read 5-7 books in a single week, and now as my eyesight gets worse, I can't read the same way since it causes severe migraines. One of my favorite reads was The Giver.