Question Of The Day - Tuesday, December 19

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday :gingercat::deer:

It's the last Tuesday before Christmas! Everybody panic!!

(Just kidding)

Favourite Athlete?

Christine Sinclair and David Goffin first popped into my mind for me.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't follow sports. But if Ian Millar counts, then it is him. Although I used to really like Danny Ainge when he was with the Suns.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do my kids count? :biggrin: I'm not a big sports fan - I recognize many of the big names but don't have a favorite.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine wishes me to point out that she's very athletic, when she's awake.

Oh! You mean a human athlete? In that case I'd have to say Terrell Davis, nicknamed TD. It was thought that he could never make it into the Football Hall of Fame because his career was cut short by debilitating migraines, but this year he was inducted. :cheerleader: Personally, I think that the fact that he managed to accomplish as much as he did despite the migraines makes him more qualified for the Hall of Fame.

Margret

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shawn Johnson. I'm not a sports fan; but I do enjoy the gymnastics, swimming and figure skating portions of the Olympics. She was just fun to watch there and then on Dancing With the Stars afterwards. Simone Biles is probably a close second. She's just amazing to watch in tumbling especially.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
This is going to sound pretty self-satisfied... but my favourite athlete is me!

Other than that I suppose my favourite is Usain Bolt (he's the only athlete I know the name of anyway:dunno:)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Babe Didrikson Zaharias.
Born: June 26, 1911, Port Arthur, TX
Died: September 27, 1956, Galveston, TX
Mildred Ella "Babe" Didrikson Zaharias was an American athlete who achieved a great deal of success in golf, basketball, baseball and track and field. She won two gold medals in track and field at the 1932 Summer Olympics, before turning to professional golf and winning 10 LPGA major championships.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is Roger Maris. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid growing up in the 60's. He played for the New York Yankees and he beat Babe Ruth's home run record for hitting the most home runs in one year. Ruth had 60 and Roger hit 61 on October 1, 1961. I had to talk my father into taking me to the game whenever the Yankees were in town so I could see him play.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mike He.
Not actually an athlete, he is an actor but I love to watch him play basketball.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Philip Rivers, 12 year starting quarterback for the LA Chargers and candidate for league MVP - at 36 years old! Great guy who talks trash with the best and with the cleanest trash-talking mouth ever!