Question Of The Day - Tuesday, August 14

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday!

Most beautiful place you have ever visited/traveled to?

It's hard to narrow it down! And considering as well that I have more future travel plans, but so far...

- Ireland and Northern Ireland, various lovely sights of natural locations, archaeological places and castles. I also remember this stunning view on top of a medieval castle over looking the sea and a little village below. Swooon.
- Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

Honourable mention: Prague was very pretty. And while I didn't find Naples itself that nice at all, the view from the very top of Mount Vesuvius over the Bay of Naples was gorgeous.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember Italy being very pretty. I especially loved the countryside in Tuscany.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
San Francisco was nice. I liked all the fun things going on in the streets. I liked Dallas, Texas too. I don't know if it was beautiful, but the weather was beautiful.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fortunately I've been to lots of beautiful places as I have a bit of a travel bug; but Kiruna in Sweden, Facinas in Spain, Formentera off Ibiza and Anna Maria Island in Florida are amongst my favourites. I just can't decide!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live near the Adirondacks. I guess I'm just used to it. But the leaves are beautiful.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I will never forget my visit to Wareham England - the town, the quaint houses, pubs, nearby Corfe Castle and the friendly people.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A monastery, Monserrett, just outside Barcelona. Breathtaking scenery. Getting there was amazing too.

Actually, Barcelona overall was memorable. I remember spending hours at the Guadi church Sagrada Familia. Every nook and cranny was a work of art.

Our recent trip to Turks and Caicos was the most beautiful beach I've been to. Perfect azure waters and soft white sand with spectacular sunsets.

Anywhere in New England in Autumn too.

The deserts of Arizona and Nevada!

I can't pick just one!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That’s a tough one. Every place has something to offer. The Pacific Coast...Monterey Bay and south, Mendocino, the redwood forests, the Oregon Coast. The amazing national and state parks in Utah. The Rocky Mountains...different in different places. Glacier National Park, the Grand Tetons. The Canadian Rockies. The stark beauty of New Mexico. Ship Rock. Mesa Verde. The Blue Ridge Parkway. The Maine coast. The bayous of Louisiana. The Everglades. The coral reefs off the keys. Nature.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, Barcelona overall was memorable. I remember spending hours at the Guadi church Sagrada Familia. Every nook and cranny was a work of art.
Loved Barcelona! Gaudí's architecture needs to be seen to believed.

-Antarctica. It waa a cold and maybe barren sort of beauty, but everything was so big and pristine and natural.

-Split, Croatia. I need to go back to Croatia and I may be biased since I'm a quarter Croatian, but the Dalmatian coast is so beautiful and I loved the mixture of old and new in Split.

-Chicago and the town I live in, because a place being home is a certain kind of beauty.

I've loved so many places I've visited I probably couldn't name them all.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I lived in Anchorage, Alaska for several years when I was very young. That's where my first memories are. In fact, my VERY first memory is sitting on my dad's shoulders, outside at night, looking up at the Northern Lights. Alaska remains one of the most vividly lovely places I have ever experienced.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live near the Adirondacks. I guess I'm just used to it. But the leaves are beautiful.
The colors where I live now are often dull in comparison. Or trees change one at a time so there is no overall effect.

The funny thing to me is I had a high school friend move to Florida and comment how he misses fall here! I was thinking he needs to keep heading north for a real autumn experience! :lol: