Question of the Day - Tuesday, August 1

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hiya everyone! Happy first Tuesday of August!

421589-Floral-August-Animated-Gif.gif

What's the worst name for a cat?

Probably along the lines of Dog, Schrödinger, Alexa or Siri (Although I guess it depends on who you ask, to be fair!) certain names after certain dictators perhaps, or a name like the one H.P Lovecraft gave his cat. While he loved the cat deeply clearly not appropriate for our contemporary standards :sweat: :lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta say, never been a fan of ‘Jellylorum’ & never really thought the performers in CATS provided the actual animal with any sense of grace, subtlety or dignity. (Not that I went to see the musical, so, I could be all wrong about this).

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta say, never been a fan of ‘Jellylorum’ & never really thought the performers in CATS provided the actual animal with any sense of grace, subtlety or dignity. (Not that I went to see the musical, so, I could be all wrong about this).
I never thought the Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats was remotely funny, or suitable to make into a musical, and the costumes and makeup in that show always seemed hideous.

As to the thread question, I guess any of Eliot’s names from that book! Or the ones like Spot, Stripey … no imagination or individuality at all, imo.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I adopted Kumal, the name the shelter had for him was 'Boy'.
It was changed on the way home.

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
Smegol. Unless it's a hairless cat maybe? Still... that doesn't bring up warm, fuzzies for me.
one visit to a farm family in Janesville Wi. had a cat named "knor-dob" I had to ask and the mom said it was an adopted smart cat that could open doors by reaching up and opening a door by himself, they chose "door-knob" but their son was dyslexic...