Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 1

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodday everyone

Have you ever licked your armpits in public?

I do it fairly regularly. You know, to check my sweat and all, which sometimes does taste interesting. I tend to get a lot of curious looks though, especially at the mall or out on the streets waiting for the stoplight.

(I'm Joking. Happy April Fool's Day. Pardon my silly attempt. Rest assured I'm not an armpit licker either! Now that is out of the way, on to the real question:)

What are your top three favourite things about the city/town/area that you currently live in?

For myself...

-The location is very pretty,  I'm near a long large river with islands, beaches and sailboats, and there are lot's of trails for hiking and walking.
-Plenty of artistic events going on (Muscals, dances, plays, art galleries, concerts etc) and a variety of festivals.
-Horse and dog friendly. And, I get to live in the country, something that I personally prefer, but still get to go to the city when needed or desired. Would have to be completely isolated!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1/ Proximity to work, l'm only 3.5km away

2/ l'm in a suburb of a city which has many festivals, markets, museums, galleries, cultural events, walks/tours, etc. We have it pretty good here.

3/ There is a school and large park across the street from me, and being right at the edge of the suburb the greenbelt is right there, with many walking trails.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:flail: ANOTHER ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got me... :crackup:

---------------------

1. I love the parks in my town - three wonderful places to walk. One has a three mile track.
2. Great sense of community and very friendly people with many outdoor fairs and activities.
3. A wonderful art, play and theatre center right here in town with many extremely fabulous plays throughout the year.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • The hills (we live in a river valley surrounded by forest)
  • The train connection (I don't have to drive to the city every day)
  • The size of the town (everything is within walking distance, so we're not totally dependent on the car and get exercise)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, you had me at first, my jaw dropped!  My favorite three things about where I live are:

1. A beautiful wooded state walking trail just blocks from where I live, it even has it's own colony of beautiful black and white cats!

2. I've got to say the people here are the friendliest I've ever meant. We are remodeling a house and it's grounds here and people stop by daily to tell us how good it looks. Very few did in the last town we lived in, and we remodeled over 15 there!

3.The downtown still has plenty of 'quaint' little shops, antique stores, a beautiful kitchen store, and a very nice bakery that hosts lots of events.' 

roberts99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You had me jaw dropped on the first question. LOL.

To answer your second question, the real one,

1. Proximity to work - you can just walk for few minutes to the office
2. Easy access to shopping malls and establishments.
3. Across the street is a French bakery and winery so I can just walk across to grab a cup of coffee and a fresh croissant

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say #1 would be the proximity of everything and I mean everything.  I can go grocery shopping, clothes shopping, Doctor visits and even the library, all are within 5 miles from my home.  You know what, that is the best and only reason I can come with. 

Since I'm not good at all in finding my way driving around, everything being so close means a lot to me.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Hello, I am Karen and I am a compulsive armpit licker.

I kid, I kid!

As for the real question:

1. The fact stores are close by
2. I work less than a mile away from both jobs (that may change over the summer)
3. Neighbors are quiet

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  Nice one Cassiopea.    First thought was eew, second thought was how? Third thought to self - don't be so stupid. 

Beautiful city with lots of green spaces.

Easy to go shopping or see arts and music and theatre if you want to.

Different options for work within easy reach of home.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I would say #1 would be the proximity of everything and I mean everything.  I can go grocery shopping, clothes shopping, Doctor visits and even the library, all are within 5 miles from my home.  You know what, that is the best and only reason I can come with. 

Since I'm not good at all in finding my way driving around, everything being so close means a lot to me.
Yeah, we used to joke with Carol that she could never go out of her 10-mile radius or she'd be lost!

• I like our rural-ness and our scenery; we have a gorgeous view out of our front windows. We are very rural here, yet there are malls and stores close by. (Our closest Trader Joe's, though, is still about 60 miles away, darn it)
  • I like our wildlife......yes, even the darn deer and raccoons.
  • I like that I can get to work in about 10 minutes. We don't have huge traffic jams around here.
BTW, you got me, too, with the armpit-licker question. I saw that and I have to tell you......I stopped dead and thought "What the........?"

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.  It's a very safe area, despite being a tourist spot.  Very safe for walking day or night.

2.  There's always art shows, antique shows, open mic nights, etc going on.

3.  I love the beach!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, we used to joke with Carol that she could never go out of her 10-mile radius or she'd be lost!
Yep Pam I do remember when Rick said I could never go out of a 10 radius
, some things just never change, lucky for me Russ knows how to get everywhere so I depend on him for traveling

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is land that has been in my family over a hundred years and I grew up in this same spot.
It is a rural community, which means no traffic and few people.
We see all kinds of wildlife, deer, fox, coyotes, bobcats, geese, possum, skunks, all kinds of birds, bears and whatever comes along, sometimes too close for comfort. :lol3:

Last edited:

catdavidlouis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RE: April fools-- Rats, I finally thought there were two of us for a second!

3 things:

1) 15 minutes from standing under a skyscraper

2) 15 minutes from standing under a mountain peak

3) 15 somthin' elses I can't think of right now

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. Location; I'm out on a country road but it's not far to get to town to do the shopping either.  It's quiet with less light pollution too.  I'm not in a neighborhood with a HOA. Etc!

2. We get some gorgeous sunsets!

3. I can go beach walking in the off season or find trails nearby that are pretty nice and wooded too during almost any season!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walking distance to the mall.
Walking distance to the vet.
Walking distance to my doctor.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No family is close enough to "drop by cause I was passing your house":)

That although it has its issues for the most part no one cares much what you do

Awesome Vet clinic pretty close to home that is more then willing to deal with ferals and nutty pets.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. The scenery. I live in an old cotton mill, looking out of my window I see the old dye mill, now converted into a little shopping center. We're also right beside a river. 
  2. The culture. There's live music, farmer's markets, handmade goods and crafts, local food, and all sorts of other events held here. Many of them are free. So I literally just walk out of my front door, across the patio, up the stairs to the parking lot and BOOM, fun stuff.
  3. Warm weekends on the patio with neighbors. This is the first and I'm missing it because I'm so busy with school. But last summer was good times! Board games and booze, mostly. XD

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- Being not too far from the ocean
- having 4 seasons
- I'm close to major cities yet I live in a quiet area