Question of the Day, Thursday March 2, 2023

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a note that this spot is open! If you are interested in doing the Question of the Day every Thursday, please PM me!

What's the strangest thing in your refrigerator right now?

My husband's beer making supplies. :beerchug:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm, I guess I'd have to say my bazillion kinds of mustard! I love mustard.
Although I do have three containers of sourdough starter. Not one, not two, but three. A couple friends asked me if I'd save them some starter and they haven't picked them up yet.

Arya Underfoot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Lush Rosy Cheeks face mask - it's not edible but because of the fresh ingredients it must be kept in the fridge. I also have about five different chilli sauces.

I wish I had the patience for sourdough, I love to bake bread but haven't had much success with sourdough, I think our weather might be too cold.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If tha'ts the case then I also need to add in the 15-20 bottles of hot sauce my husband has in the fridge. :lol:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Eye drops. My ophthalmologist told me a long time ago how much more soothing eye drops are if they are cold.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have saline nasal drops in the fridge that I use for the kitties.
I'm not sure if this counts but the freezer part of my fridge has whole rats. I feed rats to my snake but buy them already dead and frozen.
I have my "grease jar" in the fridge right now...it's almost time to empty it in the compost.
I also have way too many condiments and dressings...half of them are probably expired...

That's all I can think of...I'm not in the mood to get up and check. :lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I do have three containers of sourdough starter. Not one, not two, but three. A couple friends asked me if I'd save them some starter and they haven't picked them up yet.
Another mustard nut!!! HOORAY! One birthday that’s all I asked for. I have a bottle of champagne from 2 years ago someone gave me I still haven’t opened. I wonder if it’s still good but can’t think of a reason to celebrate.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing unusual now because I recently cleaned it out. It had been too long since the last thorough cleaning when I did it and there was all kinds of bad things buried in it. I am still in the 'I'm not going to let that happen again' phase so it looks really good right now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Chlorambucil for Geoffrey... Yup, weird... on bottom shelf - in a container, double bagged, in a tray. The tray is on a paper towel. .. But I do have a package of English Muffins next to it~~~~~ What ever!! Go Figure!! Former Medical Professional ~~~ not much phases me..

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A small bag of ground rabbit organs. :barfgreen: In cleaning out the fridge I also discovered a large tupperware container that held THREE PIECES of stew meat. Why do I do these things. At least it was still good.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I still have a bottle of liquid medicine the vet prescribed for Neely shortly before she passed away. I know it's probably silly to keep it but I just can't bring myself to throw it out. :sniffle: I keep it at the back of the fridge.
I have a lot of Tags stuff tucked away in the cupboard, too. :hugs:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of the cat treats are in the fridge :lol: Not because they need to stay cool, but it is the only safe place for them! I tried the cupboards, drawers, baskets, hidden up high, hidden down low etc The kitties know how to open, knock, lift, climb, reach and twist all sorts of things to get at the snackies! In lieu of actually getting a lock for something (Which would be a pain the butt) it was just easier putting everything in the fridge. Treats are 100% safe, reachable for me and unaffected.

I reckon it would just look peculiar if someone opened the fridge and see a bunch of Temptations in there....