Question Of The Day - Thursday 30 May

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even my *at that time* paperback pharmacopia listed acetaminophen as being an ingredient of Vicodin! He insisted it didn't have that
That is exactly what Vicodin is. Acetaminophen and Codine.

There's not a lot of choice of doctors up here or I would find me a new one. I hope you did too.

Last time he tried to give me the shot he said "There's no way you can be allergic to this shot". Um, yes. I had it once, before I knew the extent of the allergy....it wasn't pretty.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is exactly what Vicodin is. Acetaminophen and Codine.

There's not a lot of choice of doctors up here or I would find me a new one. I hope you did too.

Last time he tried to give me the shot he said "There's no way you can be allergic to this shot". Um, yes. I had it once, before I knew the extent of the allergy....it wasn't pretty.
Oh, I know to some extent, because I break out in hives, my eyes swell up and get red and hurt, and I have trouble breathing. That's anaphyactic shock.
I don't believe in allopathy, but since you either have to have "health care" here or you get penalized, I chose one. I've never seen him. I don't plan to. I have a fair amount of chronic pain but I just live with it, work out 4-5 times a week, and count myself fortunate. Codeine is good for me, but not acetaminophen. If I really got into a bind I'd get some Benadryl. That's what my plastic surgeon told me to take for pain when I was burned. It basically just puts you out. At least it does me. I don't take drugs, though, except for aspirin, unless it's REALLY bad.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am allergic to every over-the-counter pain medicine known to man. Advil, Tylenol, Bufferin, Excedrin, even baby aspirin. It was sudden. I've taken Advil for years because of migraines. Suddenly, one afternoon, the lower side of my face started to swell. My lips blew up. And itch. Man, it all itched. After going to two allergists and my family doctor, and having blood work that tested negative for multiple myeloma, everybody determined that I had developed the allergy. I haven't had any OTC pain meds in years. And believe me, I am not amused.

Oh, and they had to change my BP meds, too. The allergy included my old meds. And I have to carry an Epi-Pen.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am allergic to every over-the-counter pain medicine known to man. Advil, Tylenol, Bufferin, Excedrin, even baby aspirin. It was sudden. I've taken Advil for years because of migraines. Suddenly, one afternoon, the lower side of my face started to swell. My lips blew up. And itch. Man, it all itched. After going to two allergists and my family doctor, and having blood work that tested negative for multiple myeloma, everybody determined that I had developed the allergy. I haven't had any OTC pain meds in years. And believe me, I am not amused.

Oh, and they had to change my BP meds, too. The allergy included my old meds. And I have to carry an Epi-Pen.
That's TOUGH. *Wishing you no pain!*