GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everybody :biggrin:

Are you a morning person or a night owl ? :thumbsup:

I’m definitely a night owl.
I usually spend all day yawning, then at night I’m wide awake & can’t sleep :hmmm:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely not a morning person. My husband says I'm like a bear with a sore head when I wake up. Maybe if I stop watching YouTube in bed I would be more approachable in the mornings.;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
For years and years, I was a night owl. When I worked third shift (11p to 7a) at IP, everybody would be stumbling around the plant and guzzling coffee, trying to stay awake. Me? I'd be ditty-bopping through the plant, oh-so-chipper and wide awake. But when I was working first shift (7a to 3p), you soon learned not even to look at me until at least 10:00 in the morning and about five cups of coffee later. Saying "Good morning, Pammy!" at 7 in the morning was liable to get you the Bird in reply. I did not handle mornings well and the guys put a sign on my computer at work that said, "I think I'm allergic to mornings".

After years of having cats in the house, I learned that the idiom about no snooze buttons on cats is very true. When they yell, they get fed. Quickly. Thus, I've turned into quite a morning person and it's nothing for me to now turn into a pumpkin around 9 or 10 at night.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm more of a morning person, but not crazy morning like 6 AM. But even though I'm at my best in the mornings, I still like it quiet for bit to "wake up". I don't like to have to get up and rush around. I'm in bed no later than 10 PM, even on weekends.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a night owl. When I was laid off from a job once I went back to my normal up till 2, sleep till 10 routine within days. I’m better now; but really I do best if I’m not up till 8:30 and get some quiet time after everyone else is in bed.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning. I'm great early but start lagging come late afternoon. My brain is mush the latter it gets. Not like 8pm early more like by 10-11pm; after that I'm useless.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The military turned me into an extreme morning person. If I could go with what is exactly right for me I would be asleep by 7 p.m. and up around 2:30 or 3 a.m. I actually read an article recently about people like myself, someone has coined the term lark for people like myself.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Another morning person here. I'm up at 6:00 every morning to feed Ruby, and most times don't go back to bed. But like other early risers, I'm usually in bed by 10 PM.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm multi talented in this respect. When I have to get up for work at 5-30 am I wake up quickly and I'm not sleepy. If I'm not working I can stay in bed until 11-30 am no problem and then feel dopey for ages after.
I think I know why. I've got an amount of sleep apnea (self and wife diagnosed) so the less I sleep the more oxygen I get generally.
I really should do something about it.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been a night owl for as long as I can remember. I hated getting up early to go to school and I hated getting up early to go to work. Being retired I can sleep late. Our cats don't understand why I want to sleep late. So, my typical morning is get up around 6:00 to feed the cats and then go back to bed until about 9:00.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a night owl who had to become more morning-friendly when I started working full-time. Since I don't drink caffeine, thankfully once I'm out of bed, I'm up for good and I rarely get tired during the day. When I was depressed I would pull all-nighters several days a week, which was the main reason I was depressed for 11 years. Once I forced myself to regulate my sleep schedule my depression got better 3 months later. Now, even though I would love to stay up all night again, I don't allow myself to do it.