Question of the day - Thursday 23 July

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

Sorry for the late question again. I changed the days I work in the week & it’s completely messed up my routine. I haven’t a clue what day it is. I’m sure I’ll get use to it soon, hopefully :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What time do you usually get up in the morning ? :sleep:

Im usually awake around 7am & get up just after :thumbsup:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday-Friday... 2:30am (I have to be at work by 5am and it's over an hour away)
Saturday-Sunday... between 6-7am. I may not get out of bed until closer to 8 though.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually around 5 or so. It has taken me this long to adjust from getting up at 3 to go to work. Maybe in a few more years I'll be able to sleep in later, but I doubt it.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 7.30 when I have to go to the office in Brussels.
At 8.30 when I work from home.
Between 8.30 and 9.30 when I'm not on duty.

I'm a night owl; never go to sleep before 1.30am
I'm very lucky to have a lovely kitty who goes with my flow ;she has never woken me up at night or in the morning :catlove:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My alarm is set for taking my medications/vitamins at 6:02. I currently go back to bed until about 6:40 when it's time for the cats' breakfast. They don't always let me sleep that long, but I refuse to feed them earlier.

On weekends I go back to bed after kitty breakfast for a couple more hours usually.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
For years I got up at 4:45, so that I could hit the treadmill before my shower and going into work. Now that I'm retired, Rick and I agreed to take turns getting up with the girls. Usually I'm awake around 5 or so (with four cats in the house, sleeping in doesn't happen), but no cat gets fed before 6:00. On my days to lounge in bed with Mollipop, Rick gets up at 6:00 with the girls. After breakfast and a good bath, Molli comes back to the bedroom and scritches at the door. Rick or I will let her in the bedroom and she'll curl up with me and we'll sleep until 8 or 8:30. Then we awaken again and "chat" about various things for a few minutes before getting out of bed. Those mornings with her have become a wonderful part of my day.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work morning with a day shift - 5:30 AM

Sleep in day - Around 8-9 am.

Thankfully I have been blessed with kitties who let me sleep in that late :lol: although once 9 hits then they start to try to get me up. Which is totally fine!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somewhere around 6 AM. When I was physically going into work it was 5:15 - 5:30. Cricket still meows me awake any time between 5 - 6 AM. I'm a morning person, so that's about right.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
On days I exercise I'm up by 6:00 a.m., on days I don't exercise I'm up by 7-7:30 a.m. Carleton does come in the bedroom to wake us up but he usually gives up very easily. :biggrin:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
around 2-3am, was always an early riser but never this early. I don't sleep a full night so I take naps.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually get up and out of bed around 7:00am...7 days a week, I can't sleep in anymore. BUT....I will start getting woken up, (on and off, as I refuse to get out of bed) by the kitties as early as 4:30/5:00am.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been a night person for as long as I can remember. Ideally I sleep from about 2 am to 10 am. In the summer I can do that some. My kids are big enough now. During the school year I try for 8:30. 8 hours of sleep from 10-6 doesn't feel the same. Anything before 8 can be really difficult.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I work afternoons and evenings, usually finish around 11 pm, so I rarely get up before 8 am. Twice a week I have an online yoga class or Japanese lesson at 8.30 am, so try to get up at least an hour before that. Just to make sure the cats are fed and I've had enough coffee to function.

I don't know how you 5 amers do it. 5 am is the middle of night!

:lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work afternoons and evenings, usually finish around 11 pm, so I rarely get up before 8 am. Twice a week I have an online yoga class or Japanese lesson at 8.30 am, so try to get up at least an hour before that. Just to make sure the cats are fed and I've had enough coffee to function.

I don't know how you 5 amers do it. 5 am is the middle of night!

:lol:
It has taken me almost 4 years of retirement to not get up at 3a.m., and if I sleep past 6, I feel.....weird. It's the same with Michele- she worked nights for 37 years, and 3 years later, she still is up until 3 or 4, then gets up at 11 or noon. It's hard to break the cycle..