Question Of The Day - Thursday 21st March

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

Do you still have a landline phone in your house ?
If so, do you still actually use it ? :thumbsup:

I do still have a landline phone in my house. But, only because it’s bundled into my broadband internet package.
I can’t remember the last time I actually used it. :think:
To be honest, I always forget about it.
I find it’s just easier to use my mobile/cell phone to make calls. :)

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I moved 5 years ago to a house with no landline. I have such a good deal with my mobile I dont need a landline. Saves a fortune too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope! It's been a few years. Before that DH wanted to get rid of it but I wasn't comfortable doing that. So we got the Magicjack service for a couple years. That stopped working right and we got so used to not having the phone ring that last year we cancelled that too. It was weird to be at my in-laws house and hear the phone ring all the time. I don't miss that. I ALWAYS got calls when the kids and I would be in the middle of lessons! :angrywoman:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope just my cellphone. I had both for awhile. One day I was doing the bills and I had both the landline and the cellphone bill, I thought this makes no sense. I called to have my landline turned off.

Krycek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We do have a landline but are thinking of getting a second cellphone for personal calls.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, partly because I'm an old f*** and have lived most of my life without a cell phone and can get along just fine without it. I have a cell phone, but I only use it when traveling or for long distance calls. For the landline, I have a phone or cordless phone in every room in the house, and since I can't walk very well, it's a boon to have a phone within reach everywhere. The cell, on the other hand, has to constantly be recharged, and if I had no landline, then I would have to remember to carry it with me everywhere. I wouldn't remember.

I am going to do something about the cell charges, though, as it currently costs $60 per month and I don't use it. Consumer Cellular may give me cell service for $30 per month, and I'd like to keep it for emergencies and traveling. There aren't any pay phones anywhere any more!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I only switched to a smart cell phone six months ago, but considering dropping landline. My commercial for Comcast/Xfinity users because this is the best deal around. If you are a customer they give you cell phone calling service and a small amount data for FREE each month. You just have to pay taxes on it which ends up being a couple dollars a month. And you can buy more data for $12 a month. In six months I have never needed to.

So if you are an Xfinity customer definitely worth considering.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have my old landline, thru Verizon... even and old "Princess" touch toned, corded phone...

The cell phone reception in my building is poor...I do have some wireless phones attached to the landline number.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I do still have a landline phone in my house. But, only because it’s bundled into my broadband internet package.
:yeah:

We have cable, internet and the landline all bundled into one package. We actually use our landline more than our cell because we have free long distance on the landline and both grown up kids live out of town.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only switched to a smart cell phone six months ago, but considering dropping landline. My commercial for Comcast/Xfinity users because this is the best deal around. If you are a customer they give you cell phone calling service and a small amount data for FREE each month. You just have to pay taxes on it which ends up being a couple dollars a month. And you can buy more data for $12 a month. In six months I have never needed to.

So if you are an Xfinity customer definitely worth considering.
I will check that out. Thanks.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, we dropped our landline about 5 years ago. We have a 'house phone,and each of us has a cell, as well.'

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we have to have a landline phone to get DSL internet, which is the only option out here in the country. We use it to make calls too, because cell phone reception is not good way out here.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes we do still have the landline. Because of my husband's job, we have the same number we have had 41 years. People can call and leave a message. Hubby has a cell phone and he very seldom uses the landline. I use a Tracfone prepaid and so I use the landline for long distance and most everything if I am home.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We still have our landline as well and use it quite a bit.It's bundled with my internet,and long distance is free.Hubby has a cell phone that he uses more for his bee business than anything.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. Just my cell phone. My parents had a landline up until two years ago. They only kept it that long because they had the same phone number for nearly 40 years and if anyone ever needed to contact them, they knew that number.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a land line. I have a cell phone, but I don't use it very much. I won't give the number out, because if I do people will insist on calling me on it! They also send texts! Which I sometimes don't see for over a week. The land line I also ignore a good bit, but at least I only have to ignore one phone that way.

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope, I haven't had a landline in somewhere around 10 years. Finally convinced my folks to drop theirs several years ago as well. Now working on trying to convince my uncle...