Question of the day - Thursday 1st July

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
The zoo here has a collection of taxidermy animals they inherited from some rich old guy who got a kick out of hunting large game. So it's a bit of a shock to see all the dead animals and then go out and see all the live animals! The specimens are falling apart now and have been restored about as many times as they can be, so I don't know if they'll attempt to replace them from other old collections (it's actually surprisingly hard to get rid of old taxidermy) or what they plan to do. Delbridge Museum of Natural History | Sioux Falls, SD

Anyway, yeah, I think I'd choose the zoo, too. They have books, they have museum exhibits, they have a playground and sitting areas, plus the animals. . .can't go wrong!
I will never understand why people Taxidermy animals. It is just so depressing and creepy.😟 Outside of hunters and there trophy kills, there are actually people who have their deceased pets taxidermied and on display in there homes. I don't think that's emotionally healthy. IMO

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have chosen the Library but it is difficult for me to also read now.

So I opt for the Zoo. I'd never get tired watching the animals.

As long as there is coffee in my zoo hut I'd be fine.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I'm torn between Museum and Library lol I really want to say Museum because I do love them (Especially historical ones) but a library might offer a bit more in the long run in terms of reading and continuous sources. And I am a bookworm too. Then again a museum might offer more visual and hands on stimulation.

Alrighty, I'll officially go with museum!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A zoo.. spending the rest of my life indoors would be a nightmare. But it would need to be a very ethical one.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd say zoo. First of all because there are usually different simulated climates, so on cold days you can stay in the warmth, on warm days you can look up the cold. And plenty of places that sell snacks and the likes. Besides that I think it'd give me a lot of inspiration, whether from the animals themselves or the people visiting. The bond that could eventually form with the animals would be amazing.
But the other 2 definitely sound like cool options as well!