Question Of The Day - Thursday 19 April

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

What did your parents do for a living ? :)

My dad was a prison officer & my mom was a secretary :D

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mother is a special education teacher at a high school, she tends to move around and do co teaching as well. My father started out as a mechanic but he found (from becoming a scuba instructor for a few years in his off time) that he not only loves to teach, but is very good at it. Now he teaches at a tech school how to repair cars! This is truly great for the rest of us since he is older and it’s much easier on his body.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dad was a flight test engineer,and mom was a registered nurse who went on to teach nursing.
Both were smart as hell,funny and loving. I was a lucky guy to get the family i got.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mom: Ran Youth Sports leagues (basketball and flag football plus toddle sports which rotated a different sport each month for basic exposure).
Dad: Service Technician for Medical imaging Equipment (CT Scanners, X-rays, etc).

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father built houses; he and my uncle started the Parade of Homes in Denver (it was already being done elsewhere). My mother was a physical therapist and ran both the occupational therapy and physical therapy departments at a local hospital for many years. Since the hospital also did a semester (if I recall correctly) of training for nursing students she also taught body mechanics to nursing students - things like how to make a bed with the patient still in the bed, without hurting yourself. There were a couple of doctors at that hospital who were convinced that she had some kind of supernatural gift of healing....

Margret

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mom: Housewife. Much later in life, she started doing surveys in the local mall to make some pin money.
Dad: Garment industry, buyer/seller/manager of a women's coat company.

Kimbers36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mom: Accountant / Housewife
Dad: Worked in pricing/rates for a trucking company

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My father was a minister and then a junior high teacher (which meant no one told me ANYTHING interesting!) My mother was mostly a stay at home mom, although she taught grade school for a couple years

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mother is a special education teacher at a high school, she tends to move around and do co teaching as well. My father started out as a mechanic but he found (from becoming a scuba instructor for a few years in his off time) that he not only loves to teach, but is very good at it. Now he teaches at a tech school how to repair cars! This is truly great for the rest of us since he is older and it’s much easier on his body.
God bless your mom for not only being a teacher but a special ed teacher. She must be a very special woman.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad was a computer programmer. Mom was a med tech, then a housewife/school volunteer and finally became a library page when we started growing up.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
My dad was a vice president for an insurance company (They insure small businesses mostly). He retired 4 years ago.

My mom was mostly a stay at home mom until I went to school, then she found little jobs.. receptionist at a hair salon, then she worked at a school as a secretary for many years. Now she works as a receptionist for a chiropractor part time.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad is a pipefitter and HVAC salesman. My mom is currently unemployed but was a reading teacher before the vice principal of the school got her fired because he didn't like her. He was a horrible person obviously and had no business working with children.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father was a stationary engineer and my mother was an office clerk. My mother started working in the early 60's and not many women worked back in those days.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my parents was an amazing factory worker, one of my parents was a self-taught amazing mechanic, who could fix anything that could be physically fixed along with one of them also doing part-time farm work.
I am longing for my parents to be here today, if only thirty seconds each to talk to me again, I would thank them profusely for how hard they worked for me.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such interesting careers! My father was a copy editor and assistant manager of the newsroom for a major Washington, DC, newspaper. (It ceased publication years ago.) My mother was a housewife, but worked as a secretary for the SEC before she married.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad worked at Bethlehem Steel shipyacrd in Baltimore, painting the ships that came in to be fixed up before going out for duty again. He took us onto one of the ships, I believe it was the USS Constellation, and we walked around to see parts of the huge ship. I remember him coming home speckled with paint.

Mom didn't work until I started school. She worked as a cashier in clothing stores, restaurants, etc. When I was old enough to stay home alone, she worked many summers at an amusement park as a cashier. My nieces and I loved that. We'd take the bus ( which made us feel very grown up! ) to the park and ride the rides all day. We took the bus home with Mom at night, or Dad would pick us up on his days off.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother worked with people with disabilities. She spent about 10 years working with deaf and hard of hearing children, another 10 or so with developmentally disabled adults in a day program and then moved on to the job she really shined at; helping adults with disabilities find competitive employment.

My Dad is an A&P Mechanic/Aircraft Inspector. He has also been an instructor and examiner for a couple schools that offer A&P training.