Question Of The Day - Thursday 17 May

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey everyone :wave3:

Do you prefer mental or physical exercise ? :crazy:

I prefer mental exercise. I get bored to easy with physical exercise but give me a good puzzle & I just have to solve it :blush:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love both equally.

For mental exercises, I enjoy non-fiction reading and a few "brain" exercises actually have a soothing, but addictive quality for me. They are Sudoku, cryptograms and logic puzzles. The really difficult Sudoku are hard for me and I seem to want to find different solving strategies, but my brain has not latched onto these yet! I seem to hit a wall at a certain point. Thus the challenge! I enjoy and am the best at cryptograms. I am very fascinated, however, at the soothing quality I find in the above exercises. I'm sure all kinds of brain chemicals are involved and that in itself is very interesting!

"Formal" physical exercise in itself can be kind of boring to me. If I walk, I am always looking for a purpose, like looking for shells on the beach or cleaning the yard. My exercise is basically my work, I keep moving all day and I do enjoy this "exercise"!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely physical exercise since I was a long distance runner for over 30 years. I usually speed walk now but also take Zumba and exercise classes.
Work is enough mental exercise for me, lol. ;)

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mental. But I really need to figure out how to start appreciating the physical as well. I know I feel better when I get regular exercise, and it helps with the mental as well, but I just can't get back in the routine of it.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't do the physical stuff. I don't mind that one little bitty bit, though! I love mental exercise and do cryptograms and crossword puzzles as well as other word puzzles. I do not, however, do logic problems. Those give me a headache and crossed eyes. I have absolutely aptitude for them.

My body may be puny, but my brain is buff!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone told me I had a choice between going for a walk or doing a crossword puzzle, I'm not sure what I'd choose. I don't know if my guilt over not having exercised in awhile is swaying me to not fully choose crossword puzzles though. :lol:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like them both. I do more physical. We try to walk two miles every day during the week, taking the weekend off. I wear a Fit Bit to track steps and aim for 10,000 every day. For mental, I like coloring, and also word puzzles.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Both. Mental for me is reviewing plans, doing the math to ensure that there are enough trees and shrubs for a project, sitting down and writing it up for review. I'm working on (another) cookbook and I think that's mental, too, because of the "1/2 cup" of this, equivalents, oven temps, and the like. Trying to figure out where the graphics and the pictures will go and doing the editing. It's fun for me, but sitting there for hours can tax my brain sometimes.

But I do love to walk. I'd love to jog, but I can't. I like going out into the field to take pictures of the projects going on for work because I can get out of my office for a while and walk around buildings and improvements on a property. I enjoy mowing the lawn and working in the garden and flowerbeds. While it may not be actual exercise, it still gets the muscles moving a little bit.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely not physical but I do a lot of physical stuff like unloadind18 bags of mulch from the auto
I like mental such as reading (especially TCS posts!). But no math. I also do crochet and sewing which involves reading instructions