Question Of The Day - Thursday 15 Feb

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :D

Do you prefer hot or cold weather ? :cold: :sunshine:

I prefer hot weather. I'm one of those people who is always cold and I hate being cold. Plus cold weather means ice and snow - which although looks pretty, I really dislike driving in it ;)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like being too hot or too cold. I don't like humidity or biting insects, or overly dry air that makes my skin crack and cold that leaves everything frozen solid for 3 months. So it's about even in most ways. But when it comes down to it I have to prefer hot weather just for convenience. Fewer clothes, no ice, no 3 feet of snow to trudge through. Can run out barefoot instead of having to put 3 layers on just to check the mail.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like somewhere in between. Last summer we had the hottest humid summer I ever remember. It was terrible. I don't like freezing cold and snow either. Just maybe springtime.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly I like having both a working furnace and a working air conditioner. And screened windows for the spring and autumn.

Since I grew up and learned to drive in Colorado, and since I have a standard transmission car and good tires, I'm okay with driving in snow (although wind and water give me trouble -- a lightweight car combined with strong winds and hydroplaning is not a pretty sight). However, any time the neighborhood roads get snow drifts I make a point of staying off the roads; I can't power through drifts.

Margret

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I definitely prefer hot I grew up in Northern IN. I escaped to GA. Growing up my feet were always cold. Walking to school in 30 or less was not fun. And you do not have to allow 30 minutes to scrape ice and put on 3 layers. If it is too hot ice tea and A/C make everything better. I would rather be too hot than too cold. Spring and fall are the best

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer the cold weather as I can't stand the heat in summer. I go shopping and I sweat something terrible. People are always coming up to me asking me if I'm alright. One time my vet wanted to cal 911 because she thought I was having a heart attack. I wasn't. I was just hot.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I like some proper cold weather that forces you to wear fuzzy scarves and put on that big fluffy jacket. I prefer skiing down a blustery slope than lounging on a sunny beach.

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE all weather. Dancing in the rain, dancing in the sun, dancing in the snow, dancing in the wind... :banana1:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot for me. Preferably not too hot. We get just about all the heat we want. Today it hit 82. It's going to be in the upper 70s for the next 10 days. This whole area is air conditioned, so we race from the home AC to the hot car, crank up the AC, then run in to wherever we're going because it has AC, too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I despise humidity so I would have to answer cold weather. I love snow as long as I can watch it from indoors or go for a walk but not drive in it especially when it's icy. Fall is my favorite season, I wish I could live somewhere that has autumn weather all year round.:tree:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to love the cold weather so much more than the heat in Texas. Not so sure about that now that I am older. I have to climb into my trailer to sweep it out before I go to most shippers(they want a clean trailer to load,but never clean them when they unload 'em...grrrr!). Man,it's getting hard to drag my butt up into that box with a broom when it's cold out.

But I guess I'd have to say there are a lot less cold days here than hot days. At least cold here is like 40 degrees. I got a bros in Minneapolis and Detroit I text with a lot who make fun of me for complaining when it gets below 30. Don't know how you folks live in temperatures that would freeze your tears in seconds.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I live in Canada, so of course our hot days don't compare to the heat in the southern US, Australia, etc.
But I HATE winter with it's cold, snow and ice. :cold: And LOVE summer and heat. :sunshine:
However, now that ticks have become more prevalent, it's making summer a little less enjoyable. :sigh:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate being cold so I prefer hot weather although I don't like it too hot. Over 80 would be too hot for me.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm from Arizona, I've never been truly cold. That being said, I prefer winter over an AZ summer.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in south Florida for a reason and it's NOT the summers. The only I detest more than cold weather is snow which is the true root of all evil. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. When I was a kid growing up in NY, I preferred going to school over having a snow day. Snow days were not a scene from a Norman Rockwell painting with me gazing out the window looking at a winter wonderland with a cup of cocoa in my hand. It was going outside to shovel the driveway from hell repeatedly. It was a steep hill and if I had a nickel for every time I have fallen on it, I'd have more than enough money to pay for my private island in the Bahamas.

It's so obvious that snow is bad. Half the word is NO. Coincidence? I don't think so. :eviltongue:

florida-salt-in-winter-meme.jpg

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer cold to heat and humidity. I do not deal well with heat, I stay inside with the air conditioning. I always get a sick headache. When I was a kid on a farm in Kansas we didn't use the air conditioning, we had it but didn't use it. I think I had heat exhaustion a few times.

I don't mind snow, even at 62 I like to play in the snow. I don't like the real bitter cold that sometimes follows a snow. We have only had one week of bitter cold so far this year. I don't mind a snowy winter but I don't like a winter with the prolonged bitter cold like we had several years ago.