Question Of The Day - Thursday 14th Feb

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :wave3:

A just for fun question for you today....

You have 30 minutes to spend $5000 in one store only..... Where are you going ? :lol: (You can’t give it away. You have to spend it)

This is a hard one :think: I haven’t made my mind up yet. It would be a pet shop, just not sure which one. I’m just thinking about the amount of cat food and litter I could get for $5000 :eek3:
I’m not sure where I would manage to fit it all in my house though :lol:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmmm
I like the pet supplies thought, carriers and cat trees can be expensive. I'll bet I could take care of 5 grand in 30 minutes, then I'd donate those :thumbsup:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Target.

I can get everything in one place that I might want or need. Not the best pet choices but if it is $5000 with no strings attached I'd rather have a little fun with it. So probably half would go toward practical purposes and half to fun purposes.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are so many things I want.
A new washer and dryer
A 16 core computer and 52" TV ( I'd give my 40" to my son)
A dash cam
Or, I would go to a roofing contractor and see what I could get done on my roof for only $5000

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are we spending it for practical reasons or for fun reasons? If we're being practical, I want to pull out all of the carpeting in the house and replace it with wood or tile. I hate carpeting. Carpeting and pets do not go well together. I would also replace the fridge. It's a side by side and I hate it. A new cat tree or 3 would probably end up in the house too.

If I'm just spending for fun? I'd end up at Louis Vuitton and/or Dior. Handbags are my thing and IMO one can never have too many :D . I think I'd also end up getting a pair of Charlotte Olympia kitty flats and a pair of Gucci Ace sneakers. The ones with the bee on them. They are bougie as :censored: but I love them. :jive:

Last edited:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does Amazon count as 1 store? I want to redo my bath. I need counter tops, a pink toilet, a cat sink is $800, tile, and to tear out my tub and put in a shower and tall cabinets for storage. That is more than 5K.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was being practical, I'd probably go with Target because there's just a variety of stuff I could get there. If I were being impractical, I'd go to a craft store and buy a TON of yarn.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Practical: A grocery store. I could buy a bunch of groceries and spend the rest on gift cards so I can spend money elsewhere. One gift card would be for Home Depot.

For fun: A large craft store or a bookstore. I crochet and knit, but my larger expense craft wise is for my painting. I would stock myself silly with large canvases, acrylics, oils, brushes... I would also get an easel! Right now, I use whatever I can to hold them up. The bookstore would fuel my bibliophile tendencies. Haha!

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Practical: Use it to install my rear landscaping for my new house.

Impractical: I would use it to take a multi-city tour-group type trip to see a bunch of baseball games this summer. My goal in life is to see a game in every Major League Baseball stadium. I haven't gotten very far yet (4 of the 30), but I am knocking another off the list at the end of April this year. If I had $5000, I would book a trip with a tour company that takes you to a whole bunch of games all over the East Coast all at once.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I would spend it on a she-shed. A small place with heat and AC. Humidity-controlled. Lots of natural light. And it would house all my books. One chaise....and only one because it's just mine, it's a quiet place for me to go read, and I don't want company (other than Mollipop).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I would probably have to hit an appliance store for a fridge, dishwasher, microwave and clothes dryer. Mine are all close to 15 years and could die any day.
Good one. I could do that or a furniture store.

For "fun" what would I do? Maybe a handbag store or a jewelry store. I''m not really a big jewelry person, but wouldn't mind a pair of good-sized diamond earrings.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Probably a higher end department store because there are so many different "departments" to browse and shop. Everything from personal items like clothes, shoes and jewelry to practical items like cookware and linens.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good one. I could do that or a furniture store.

For "fun" what would I do? Maybe a handbag store or a jewelry store. I''m not really a big jewelry person, but wouldn't mind a pair of good-sized diamond earrings.
I think I'd get a pair as well. A great big pair. :yeah: