Question of the Day, Sunday the 23rd of February, 2020

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We went out with a group of his friends - most of whom I was meeting for the first time - and I overheard part of a conversation at the next table. There was a word being used that I'd never heard before, so I asked what it meant
When Mr Husband and I were first dating he used to watch Sex in The City and Desperate Housewives as a way of picking up more vocab. I used to come home to a page of expressions he'd written down so I could explain them to him. I kept telling him those kind of phrases aren't used that often in regular conversations.

He was determined to get some use out of them though. One time when a friend and I were going to get our legs waxed and our toenails done he asked "Are you girls going to get your Brazilians waxed?"

:lol:

My Japanese wasn't much better. His parents and grand parents came round to check out the apartment we'd just moved into and I was trying to impress them by showing them the flowers I'd planted.

I wanted to tell them I'd got some Morning Glories. His mum and grandma just looked perplexed, but his dad snorted with laughter, then tried to make it look like he was coughing.

Later I realised I hadn't said "These are Morning Glories" I'd said "These are Morning Wood."

:paperbag:

Luckily Mr Husband took the blame for that one. Teaching that sweet English girl such bad Japanese!

:flail:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
He was determined to get some use out of them though. One time when a friend and I were going to get our legs waxed and our toenails done he asked "Are you girls going to get your Brazilians waxed?":lol:
I clearly remember that episode. They were in Los Angeles
Ha!!! LMAO!!

My Japanese wasn't much better. His parents and grand parents came round to check out the apartment we'd just moved into and I was trying to impress them by showing them the flowers I'd planted.

I wanted to tell them I'd got some Morning Glories. His mum and grandma just looked perplexed, but his dad snorted with laughter, then tried to make it look like he was coughing.

Later I realised I hadn't said "These are Morning Glories" I'd said "These are Morning Wood."

:paperbag:
Hee, Hee!! :clap:

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm so glad there's someone to ensure pubic safety. i can sleep well tonight. :flail:
This reminds me of two typing mistakes at the library where I work. Back in the old days, we typed a lot of stuff. I had to type the author and title on book date due slip pockets. The author was Richard Condon. That's not how I typed it...another was a book called Hard Disk Management. The person who typed the order slips typed something else. To be fair, she had just found out that she was pregnant, and probably had that body part on her mind.