Question Of The Day, Sunday, May 27, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning!! :wave3:

this morning i was thinking about the snacks foods that i usually enjoy. i'm pretty set in my ways with snacks -- almost always pretzels, and in the warm/hot weather months i'll have a few spoonfuls of ice cream or frozen yogurt.

for today's Question of the Day......

What are some of your favorite snacks?

i'll start!

i do love pretzels! :redheartpump: most times i prefer mini pretzels that have the salt on them, but i also will occasionally (/rarely) buy some Snyder's flavored pretzel pieces. :yummy: sometimes, i'll make some hummus, and have that with mini pretzels!

every so often i'll have some kettle potato chips, or some corn chips -- maybe once a year, or less often.

i do enjoy plain (not flavored) salted tortilla chips with some salsa. :agree:

i really don't eat fruit or veggies as snacks. i have those with my lunch or dinner meals.

and nuts! :cloud9: i love salted mixed nuts as well as salted cocktail peanuts. :D

okay, now it's your turn!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I very rarely have snacks. So when I do get the munchies, there is nothing in the house to snack on.
However, on occasion I do like cheddar cheese rice cake poppers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much anything salty and crispy; potato chips, popcorn, pretzels. corn chips, tortilla chips, etc. I rarely crave sweet snacks.
your favorite snacks are salty and crispy!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i really like the salt on the mini pretzels...like little cubes of salt. :yummy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I very rarely have snacks. So when I do get the munchies, there is nothing in the house to snack on.
However, on occasion I do like cheddar cheese rice cake poppers.
you like cheddar cheese rice cake poppers!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

i really like those flavored rice cake poppers! :agree: not so much, the plain (unflavored) rice cakes.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheese and crackers
potato chips
peaches
nectarines
plums
ice cream
coffee (I often have coffee or water for a "snack" so I don't overeat on snacks)!
milk

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Salted and sweet pretzels
Chocolate chip cookies
Ice cream
Muffins
Terra chips
Cupcakes
And last but not least, chicken with yogurt lol:dancingblackcat::kneading:

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I really want to indulge, chocolate covered pretzels.
Beef jerky is awesome too.

I usually try to stay away from carb/sugar heavy foods and snacks (diabetic).

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to go more to the sweet snacks, fruit, ice cream and chocolate. I do like lightly salted deluxe mixed nuts, I have a part of a can here now. They are a little expensive so they aren't something I keep around all the time.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I like sargento cheese sticks. The chedder, pepper jack, cobly, all of them, i love cheese. And i love sugar snap peas. They are good by themselves raw and plain but i also like them dipped in ranch. I like most veggies raw but really like the sugar snap peas.

Bella’s mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love crunchy foods, popcorn, potato chips, celery and carrots with ranch, let’s say almost any raw veggie with ranch mmmmmm

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love fruit whether summer, winter or in-between and will have it as a snack, also unsalted walnuts or almonds. I have a sweet tooth too but try to avoid it as a snack unless I'm out and pass a bakery. :wink:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on my mood and the season. Dry Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a favorite. Flavored Cheese-Its are good. A bowl of frozen fruit (partially defrosted) is always yummy. In the fall when there are lots of apples; an apple with maple almond butter!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make these fiber "cookies" that I actually really enjoy. Since I had weight loss surgery in 2017, it's harder for me to get enough fiber, so I created the recipe with regular Fiber One cereal, peanut butter, chocolate chips and protein powder.I
I used to always crave salty snacks, but a couple years ago I developed a raging sweet tooth that has not disappeared unfortunately. Now since my surgery salty snacks don't appeal to me at all like they used to.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite snack was always Peanut M & Ms. Since I need to stay away from chocolate (we're thinking it's a migraine trigger), I guess I'll have to go with Cheez-its or Utz Salt and Malt Vinegar potato chips.

But dang, I love Peanut M & Ms.