Question of the Day: Sunday, May 14

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Mother's Day to all Petmothers! šŸ’

Regardless of your sex or age, everyone responsible for a pet is a "mother" so enjoy your day! Let your babies spoil you!

1684053271040.png

Well, that's easier said than done. My cats are far more interested in their own comfort than mine. But stretching the imagination just a bit, I could say that my cats spoil me by
  • keepng me clean (licking any bare skin they can find)​
  • warming my bed (before I get into it)​
  • "combing" my hair​
  • calming me down by sitting on my lap and purring​
  • reminding me when it's time to get up, eat, or go to bed​
  • knocking everything they can find onto the floor to tell me it's time I cleared up the mess​
But, they certainly don't bring me flowers :bouquet:

How do your kitties or other pets spoil you - not just on Mother's Day!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
* keep me warm by sitting on my lap
* Head butting me for no reason
* One of them brings me gifts such as plastic ties from a neighbours garden.
* Carrying toys upstairs during the night so when I wake in the morning my bedroom looks like a toy shop
* Leave their fur everything so when cleaned up by me there's enough to knit a jumper.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl I donā€™t think I could better that list! :flail: Thatā€™s exactly what Daisy and Phoebe do. I guess I could add that they supurrvise everything, from knitting to having a shower, and Daisy lets me know when itā€™s time for her medicine (aka her Special Drink). Oh, and they make sure Iā€™ll never need an electric blanket, because they pile on me at night.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The biggest way Carleton spoils me is by choosing me over DH. :biggrin: Actually he loves DH too, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. It's just that he bonded with me first and that bond is everlasting.:catlove:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Makes sure I get my stretches in and my eyes stay sharp by leaving ā€œpresentsā€ around the house to find. Especially if Iā€™m looking for water by nightlight with no glasses on. Also so that I keep the laundry running on a regular cycle.

She has occupies DS in the morning so I can make coffee in peace.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My animals in general...I am blessed...are very affectionate and in their own ways.I could go on and on as there are many,but I will say about a few...Mystery snuggles with me at night when we go to bed,and it has to be me who feeds her or she's not a happy girl,Penny has to be in the bathroom no matter what and cries at the door if she's not.She also sits on the back of my computer chair and grooms my hair for me.Bunny and Cookie both are face tappers with their paws to get my undivided attention.Butter comes to see me in the morning when I'm drinking my coffee and puts her head on my shoulder and purrs.Both doxies are sweet and loving in disposition.Livvy is both deaf and blind yet somehow she knows it's me and follows me around,and her tail just wags all the time.Otter sleeps on my feet under the table,and when I'm in the bathroom,he cries at the door til it's opened.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Goof will greet people at the door by sitting on a table I have beside it and politely sitting, watching them with a pleasant expression, and asking for pets but never clawing or leaping at them. He has never met a stranger. If he were a person, he would be a wise older gentleman. If I scold her, Sarah will trot for 2 or 3 steps them flop onto her side and roll because she knows consequences for being naughty don't exist when you're a cat. Lila will find a random speck of dirt on the floor and flip out completely, pawing it, pouncing at it, and then racing off like it's chasing her and is going to bite her tail off if it catches her. Lila has her moments, but all 3 cats have gotten very good reviews from the vets with their behavior, and that makes me so proud. Lila is special in a way, because she was "Tag's Kitten." They make me laugh all the time, and that's what I really need and enjoy. :)
Livie learned to do a hand stand in a few days time, yet she still pretends she has no idea what "be quiet" means. But she too makes me laugh just by being her. She is one of those dogs who, if she wants something, she WILL find a way to get it. I've seen her cram herself under the couch and under the treadmill until I was sure she would get stuck only to retrieve a toy. She's showing me persistence pays off!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick says that, where Molli is concerned, Rick is the spare. If I go out to the Shed, she'll go to Rick. Other than that, she is my girl. When she comes out from the bedroom, if I'm on the couch and he's on the chair, she looks at both of us. She'll go to Rick, say, "Hi Dad!" and then hop back down again and come over to me to flop.

Molli monitors my iPad usage. When I'm on the iPad, she'll come over and hop up on me. And then she'll bat the iPad away. She really hates the iPad. "Pay attention to me!"

Our girls are our alarm clocks. We don't need alarm clocks anymore, but they still take their job very seriously. We can pretty much tell what time it is by the girls' stomachs.

Our girls are our heating pads. Sore back? I can lay on my stomach and Tabby will hop on my back and give me a good massage, followed by some heat.

Our girls are our entertainment. Who needs TV when we have cats that chase each other around the house? Tabby swears that, someday, she will kill that red laser light. It's just a matter of time!

Actually, Rick and I are convinced that if aliens really do live on Earth, they've taken the form of cats. The way they stare at us, the way they know what we're thinking at all times. We think they report to the Mother Ship at regular times. Sometimes we'll be doing something and they'll give us that look. And Rick will say, "Uh-oh, the report to the Mother Ship will not be good tonight!" :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose cuddles are the big spoil I get from two of my cats. Maisie letting me touch her is also a spoil because she does not like people, refuses to be held or cuddled, so if she's willing to let me pet her it's a big deal.