Question of the Day: Sunday, June 11

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning and happy Sunday!
It's another very hot morning here in Germany. Earlier today, I sat on the terrace with a pot of tea and magazine until the sun drove me back indoors. Wild birds are still hopping about and don't seem to notice how hot the flagstones are. Their water must be almost boiling!
My daughter and SIL are on a car ferry - destination Scotland - looking forward to escaping the heat, if only for 3 weeks.

My question today: are you a present day sun worshipper or is being out in the hot sun pure torture?

So long as I have air-conditioning in my car and at least one cool room to retreat to, I can survive fairly happily wearing nothing but a sundress. But having to watch everything dry up in the garden, I certainly don't enjoy this time of year.
😎:sunshine:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a sun worshipper and I can't stand the heat but I do like to sit in the sun for about 90 minutes a day just to get some color. Especially on my face as I don't wear makeup. I do puzzles while I'm sitting outside so I'm killing two birds with one stone.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have always tolerated cold better then heat. I often get sick headaches when I am out working in heat and humidity. I tend to stay inside with the air conditioning.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love late spring and early summer. I wear plenty of sun block to protect my skin but would rather be outside than in during warm weather. It's the cold, damp winters I can't handle.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so not a sun worshipper, I seek shade at all times when outside. And if I have to be in the sun, (which I avoid if at all possible) I'll load up on sunscreen. I don't tan very well and usually just burn. I unfortunately have a few sun spots on my face from previous burns. You can't see them too much normally, but if I get any color they get darker and stand out.
People will sometimes comment that I need some color on my pasty skin....I just laugh and tell them I've accepted that I glow in the dark...I don't care to have a tan.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Bring summer! I'm more of heat-seeker than a winter/cold person. I love the longer days because we can be outside longer.
But there's a happy medium. The 95-degree days with the high humidity will do a number on me. Especially when they go like that for days on end. It just sucks any energy.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a sun worshipper and never have been. I don’t mind very early morning, which is when I would go out metal detecting, but just can’t handle hot sun.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Growing up I always headed to the beach with friends and family but since getting older I've learned my lesson about sun damage. I also get migraines when it's humid so I seek the shade when going outdoors. 🏖

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I greatly prefer a partly cloudy or partly sunny day over full sun when it's hot. If it's a tolerable temperature, I don't mind full sun. I frankly just can't handle heat and it causes me to become overstimulated very easily. I went to a Twins (baseball) game last Sunday and it was hot and sunny. My niece and I were so miserable and irritable because she has the same issue as me.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a sun worshipper at all.As a teen,everybody had a tan,but now I couldn't care less.Heat and humidity bother me quite a bit anymore so I tend to stay indoors more.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a fan though can tolerate it up to a point. If I'm heading to the beach I prefer to go early and leave by noon. Once the sun is right above me I start to wilt. And if there's humidity all bets are off. I won't leave the house unless I really need to.
I am low on Vitamin D so I try to get at least 10-15 minutes of it daily (when I remember).
I much prefer sitting in the shade if outdoors. Needless to say I have not had a tan in many years.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the situation to be honest - I'm not the biggest fan of summer at all, but I do enjoy a warm day out in the sun if I'm enjoying things like the beach or a lake.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A sunny autumn, winter or early spring day is one thing, but late spring and summer, forget it! I hate being hot and sweaty and I burn easily. I like my heat artificial (or, say, via a cat taking up residence on my lap).

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love the sun, but the mid-day sun in the heat of summer is just too much. I swear the sun feels hotter every year. And when you throw humidity into the mix, I'm 100% worthless unless the AC is running and I am inside. But in the spring and summer days that don't feel like I'm being burned, I love sitting outside like muffy muffy said, just to soak up the rays.