Question Of The Day, Sunday, July 22, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

this morning i was awoken by our Punky landing on my leg, just above the ankle, from a cat wall shelf that was 4+ feet above. that smarted!!! :rolleyes: she was so very excited that i was (finally) awake! :lol:

so for today's Question of the Day......

What does your cat(s) do, how does s/he react when excited about something?

i'll start!

i've seen our Punky play 'Indianapolis 500 speed trials' up and over the cat wall furniture and around our house, but i've never seen her as excited (in a happy way) as she was this morning. once she saw that i was awake, she tore through the house, then back to me, scaling the cat tree, making a circle on one of the cat tree's small platforms...:dizzycat:, and then tearing over the window walkway. like a tilt-a-whirl! at that point i told our girl, please not to jump on meowmy's leg again. ;)

i think Punky was so excited because she's feeling much better after her recent gastro upset, and so was very much looking forward to her breakfast! :D which is very good news!!

our DeeDee gets the most excited while playing with her 'prey' toy, her favorite toy mousey! :dancingblackcat: she bats it around, and carries it in her mouth while meowling loudly.

the thing that our Dude does, that i absolutely adore (just so cute and silly), is to spin around in circles as fast as he can. :lol: he'll do this when he wants to play with the girls. another thing he's just started doing is if he's snuggled by my legs in bed, when i wake up he starts happily rolling around on the blanket......just so sweet ! :redheartpump:

so, what does your cat(s) do?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton scampers when he is excited whether running through the house or jumping on the bed and running off. It's the most exercise he gets aside from playtime with his toys. :biggrin:

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A cute thing that Hotaru will do is she holds her tail straight up with the
end curled kind of like a question mark and she twitches it really fast.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy is excited when I come home from work -
she rolls back and forth on the floor to be brushed and praised and keeps rolling for more brushing and praising! :purplebutterfly: :purplebutterfly: :purplebutterfly:

She gets excited to see her feathered friends come to the bird feeder -
Speedy will trill excitedly, especially for colorful birds. I like to think she is saying hello, Friends. :bluepaw: :bluepaw: :bluepaw:

Catnip -Speedy will roll in catnip and try to eat it, too! speed3.jpg

Outside, on the harness -
In the backyard, near the woods, I think she may see or hear something (a bird, I'm guessing), she gets excited and she will run toward the woods, pulling me as we go. We stop at the wood's edge, however, I don't want her getting any unpleasant surprises. :greenpaw: :greenpaw: :greenpaw:

At the window -
Speedy sometimes gets excited about a squirrel at the feeder. She will sit and observe the squirrel and her tail is going up and down rather strongly. Other times, she can sleep with a squirrel right outside the window! :daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

speed3.jpg

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Onsa will run through the house and play chase with the dog. She will chase him through the house, then he chases her back the other way.
Samai attacks whatever she sees. Usually it's me.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Both Paul and Chula run to a scratching post whenever they get excited. Once his claws are taken care of, Paul drops on his back and wriggles all around like a big fuzzy black worm. Sometimes, the wriggling turns into back-walking. If I talk to him, he wriggles even faster. It's a little ritual he has right before he eats, he's just so darn happy!

After Chula's claws are done, she races to the nearest box and jumps in. Since there are always at least two boxes nearby, she sometimes jumps from one to the other. There she sits, straight up at attention and stares intently at me. She also gets the zoomies on a fairly regular basis in which she just seems overjoyed with life and unable to sit still.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When Cookie gets excited (only ever by food) she meows. A lot. If it's a daytime treat she climbs up to a specific spot on her cat tree to wait for her treat. If she's determined it's unusually late and she wants her bedtime treats she runs (which for her is a wobbly trot) into the living room meows at me, runs to her treat spot on my bed, then runs back to me, then back to the treat spot...repeat until bedtime, at which point she's usually fallen asleep at her treat spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carleton scampers when he is excited whether running through the house or jumping on the bed and running off. It's the most exercise he gets aside from playtime with his toys. :biggrin:
awww, your Carleton scampers!!! :clap: that sounds really sweet!! :D

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They both act like they are on speed. I've noticed lately that when Remy is hesitantly curious just the tip of his tail twitches.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fudge gets on all fours and lifts up one of his paws. Both boys, normally with food, run straight to us and meow excitedly, reaching their little paws out to try and grab it! They also run about in circles, particularly when a meal is being prepared for them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy is excited when I come home from work -
she rolls back and forth on the floor to be brushed and praised and keeps rolling for more brushing and praising! :purplebutterfly: :purplebutterfly: :purplebutterfly:

She gets excited to see her feathered friends come to the bird feeder -
Speedy will trill excitedly, especially for colorful birds. I like to think she is saying hello, Friends. :bluepaw: :bluepaw: :bluepaw:

Catnip -Speedy will roll in catnip and try to eat it, too! View attachment 243754

Outside, on the harness -
In the backyard, near the woods, I think she may see or hear something (a bird, I'm guessing), she gets excited and she will run toward the woods, pulling me as we go. We stop at the wood's edge, however, I don't want her getting any unpleasant surprises. :greenpaw: :greenpaw: :greenpaw:

At the window -
Speedy sometimes gets excited about a squirrel at the feeder. She will sit and observe the squirrel and her tail is going up and down rather strongly. Other times, she can sleep with a squirrel right outside the window! :daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

View attachment 243754
your Speedy will roll back and forth on the floor when you get home from work :redheartpump: , trill to birds who visit the bird feeder, she'll roll in catnip and try to eat it :lol: , run towards something she sees or hears in the woods, and sometimes gets excited about a squirrel at the feeder!!! :clap: your Speedy sounds like she's a very happy girl!! :D

our Dude thumps his tail when he sees critters outside, then runs from window to window to continue watching them. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Onsa will run through the house and play chase with the dog. She will chase him through the house, then he chases her back the other way.
Samai attacks whatever she sees. Usually it's me.
your Onsa plays chase with the dog :lol: , and Samai will attack whatever she sees!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

that must be fun to watch, your girl playing chase with the dog! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Paul and Chula run to a scratching post whenever they get excited. Once his claws are taken care of, Paul drops on his back and wriggles all around like a big fuzzy black worm. Sometimes, the wriggling turns into back-walking. If I talk to him, he wriggles even faster. It's a little ritual he has right before he eats, he's just so darn happy!

After Chula's claws are done, she races to the nearest box and jumps in. Since there are always at least two boxes nearby, she sometimes jumps from one to the other. There she sits, straight up at attention and stares intently at me. She also gets the zoomies on a fairly regular basis in which she just seems overjoyed with life and unable to sit still.
your Paul and Chula run to scratch a scratching post, then Paul wriggles around on his back :redheartpump: while Chula races to the nearest box and jumps in it where she sits at attention and stares at you intently!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

my three will usually do some scratching on sisal posts or cardboard scratchers when i start making their meals! :cutecat:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Cookie gets excited (only ever by food) she meows. A lot. If it's a daytime treat she climbs up to a specific spot on her cat tree to wait for her treat. If she's determined it's unusually late and she wants her bedtime treats she runs (which for her is a wobbly trot) into the living room meows at me, runs to her treat spot on my bed, then runs back to me, then back to the treat spot...repeat until bedtime, at which point she's usually fallen asleep at her treat spot.
your Cookie gets excited by food -- she'll meow, or for treats she'll climb to a specific spot on her cat tree, and for bedtime treats that are deemed late she'll call this to your attention and run to her treat spot on your bed!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

our Punky gets very excited about meal times. :agree: i give her a little 'starter' of a bit of canned food, which helps her in waiting until i get the meal prepared.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They both act like they are on speed. I've noticed lately that when Remy is hesitantly curious just the tip of his tail twitches.
your cats 'act like they're on speed' when they're excited, and the tip of Remy's tail twitches when he's hesitantly curious!!! :clap: really awesome!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fudge gets on all fours and lifts up one of his paws. Both boys, normally with food, run straight to us and meow excitedly, reaching their little paws out to try and grab it! They also run about in circles, particularly when a meal is being prepared for them.
your Fudge lifts one paw up when excited, and both boys become very excited with food, when meals are being prepared for them!!! :thumbsup: really very nice!! :)

my three will 'mill' around the kitchen, while waiting for me to prepare their meal. :agree: