Question of the Day, Sunday, February 4th

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
When I was young, yes. My mother majored in voice in college and sang all her life. Same with my grandmother who had perfect pitch. I inherited a fraction of that ability. But now? No. You have to keep singing, which I didn’t. And now I have lung and throat issues; my voice is scratchy and wobbly and I can’t sustain notes. I was singing in the car yesterday (alone), and it was cringeworthy. :lol:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not particularly! I used to do theater but that was short lived- it ended after a disastrous song that I had to belt right after dancing intensely for fifteen minutes prior 😂
I’ve been pulled up onstage at church things occasionally in a pinch, I think I can carry a tune most of the time, but I can have a hard time staying on pitch. So I prefer to just sing by myself in the car 😉

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to love to sing. :redheartpump:

I was in the chorus in high school and on the worship team at church. I loved singing in Latin because it felt more artistic and about the notes than the words. But I also loved when we would get to do modern show tunes. My friend and I did a lot of concert trips during college and you better believe we sang there and back and dreamed about moving to Nashville to pursue music. Neither of us did. :lol2: Also I'd be a horrible famous person. :lol: I would probably enjoy being in some kind of community choir but I don't have the confidence in my voice now. Or the time.