Question Of The Day, Sunday, August 5, 2018

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beverages
-Sparkling rhubarb and apple juice. I discovered it this summer, and I am addicted to it.

-Indian tonic
-Sparkling ice tea

Ice cream/sorbet
Vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, banana/chocolate ice cream, raspberry ice cream, strawberry ice cream, passion fruit sorbet and mango sorbet.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a pitcher of water, milk, Diet Cherry 7-up, and Diet Squirt in the fridge right now. I don't have any ice cream in the freezer.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
diet Coke is in your fridge, and a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream is in the freezer!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

mmmm......root beer floats! :yummy: would that be a 'brown cow' -- root beer float made with vanilla ice cream? and a 'black cow' is made with chocolate ice cream...?
I make the vanilla ice cream variety....I've never tried it with chocolate...that actually sounds good though.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Mother Dragon --I love Guinness! The dark beers are really flavorful.
mama africa mama africa --Sparkling Rhubarb sounds amazing! When I was a kid I loved dunking a stalk of rhubarb from our garden in sugar. I loved the sweet/sour combo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make the vanilla ice cream variety....I've never tried it with chocolate...that actually sounds good though.
i've never tried a root beer float with chocolate ice cream either! :dunno: these days, i don't 'do' chocolate (caffeine), so i'd have to make some carob ice cream. :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our fridge produces chilled filtered water that tastes great. We also have my husband's V8, to which he's addicted, a jug of apple juice, Guinness and Zeigenbock beers, a couple of bottles of wine, and the makings for those terrific (non-alcoholic) fruity Texas Twisters. We have three mini-fridges scattered throughout the house (don't ask!) which have my absolutely necessary cans of Dr. Pepper, Robert's Coke, Sprite, and bottles of apple soda and cream soda. I'm looking for room to put a pitcher of peach iced tea. Maybe that will fit in the full-size garage fridge.

We have Hagen Das rum raisin ice cream for Robert and HEB's intense chocolate for me. Just pints, alas. There may be some vanilla or strawberry half gallons in there, too. Those are for milk shakes. Toss a bag of frozen strawberries into the VitaMix, shovel in some strawberry ice cream and a bit of milk and let her rip. It makes two lusciously thick huge shakes. I'm getting a craving just thinking about it.
you have a variety of cold beverages in your fridges, and two or more flavors of ice cream in the freezer!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

peach iced tea sounds lovely! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly water and diet caffeine pepsi, a bottle of cran Raspberry juice and Orange HIC. Also have rainbow sherbert and drumsticks in the freezer.
you have water, diet caffeine pepsi, a bottle of Cran Raspberry juice, and orange HIC in your fridge, while there's rainbow sherbet and drumsticks in the freezer!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have 1% milk on hand. I feel lost without it. I love milk and use it to keep my blood sugar steady all through the day.

That is the only beverage I usually have in the refrigerator. My water is from my well and is delicious and needs no chilling. Sometimes I do have iced black tea on hand.

Right now I have my favorite ice cream, strawberry on hand and it is all ready to eat tonight with strawberries.
you always have 1% milk in your fridge, and sometimes will have iced black tea too, while there's strawberry ice cream in the freezer!!! :cloud9: that's great!! :agree:

strawberry ice cream with fresh strawberries......yummmmy! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have iced tea with fresh lemon, iced coffee, and water from the 'fridge door dispenser, in the refridgerator. A bag of frozen berries in the freezer to mix with yogurt or a protein shake.
Oh, and decaffeinated diet Pepsi for my BF. Wish they made decaffeinated diet Dr. Pepper. Diet Dr. Pepper is the only soda I drink.
iced tea with fresh lemon, iced coffee, decaffeinated pepsi, and water from the fridge door dispenser are in your refrigerator, while frozen berries are in the freezer -- to mix with yogurt or a protein shake!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

there is a decaffeinated diet Dr Pepper! :agree: Caffeine Free Diet Dr Pepper | Dr Pepper Products i only drink decaffeinated or caffeine free beverages, and i've found that it's a 'hit or miss' kind of thing, which stores have it available. :dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have ice pops in the freezer for the kids and don't tell them; but a box of watermelon popsicles too. :anticipation: For beverages we just have milk, juice and the water from the dispenser on the refrigerator. I will probably out a single bottle iced tea in there before I go to bed for tomorrow. I've been wanting soup for lunch but not hot coffee in the mornings; so iced tea it is!
you have ice pops (or your kids) as well as watermelon popsicles in your freezer, and milk, juice, and water (from the fridge dispenser) in the fridge!!! :clap: really awesome!! :D

i love hot tea, but during these hot weather months i prefer iced tea -- specifically cold sweetened tea. :agree:

No I didn't but I've seen recipes before! I just saw a thing about a shop that makes soft serve watermelon ice cream and serves it in a wedge of fresh watermelon. Oh. My. Goodness. It looked amazing!!
oh my!! soft serve watermelon ice cream served in a wedge of fresh watermelon......:thud:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the big fridge I have water, iced tea and Bubly mango flavored sparkling water. The mini fridge in my room is full of bottled spring water. If I wake up feeling thirsty during the night or in the morning I just roll over and grab a bottle. It's the little things in life. :cloud9:

I do have ice cream in the freezer. Publix Premium Premium Ice Cream, Hula Hula Macadamia : Publix.com
you have water, iced tea, and Bubly mango flavored sparkling water in your fridge, bottles of spring water in the mini fridge in your room, and Publix brand Hula Hula Macadamia ice cream in the freezer!!! :thumbsup: really very nice!! :)

wow! that Hula Hula macadamia ice cream sounds like it would be really tasty! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! They get an extreme lean, almost lying down, like this:

View attachment 246336

Notice the ice cream next to the cold vents!:thumbsup:
ahhh, thank you for the pic! i'll pop a half filled water bottle in my freezer and give it that 'extreme lean'. :agree:

my freezers tend to stay very cold, in large part because i've cooked meals and baked desserts ahead for the hot weather months -- my freezers are quite full, which keeps things well frozen.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple gallons of mint iced tea in the fridge, one is sweetened and one is unsweetened. The unsweetened is also decaf; it's for me. Tons of water, for us and for the furkids. Caffeine-free Pepsi and Coke, some Ginger Ale with Lemonade. A couple Mt Dews for Dear Richard. I have an infusion pitcher and will add slices of lemon and sprigs of mint to the cylinder and fill it with water.

I also have half-filled water bottles in the freezer for Rick to take to work. He fills them with water and, sometimes, they'll last most of the day.

No ice cream right now. It's too dangerous and I'll eat way too much; there's no such thing as portion control when it comes to ice cream. So if we want some ice cream, we'll run into the local place in town for a small cone. We stopped last night on the way back from visiting with Rick's mom for some ice cream.
you have mint iced tea (that just sounds like it would taste soooo good!) -- both sweetened and unsweetened/decaf, tons of water, caffeine free pepsi and coke, ginger ale with lemonade, a couple Mt Dews for your DH, and an infusion pitcher with lemon slices and mint sprigs added to it's cylinder, while there's half-filled water bottles in the freezer!!! :clap: most excellent!! :D

mmmm...ginger ale with lemonade! :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying out bottles of Great Value Purified Drinking Water. And there's some milk in the fridge for cooking, and I think some coconut milk. My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Peanut Buttah Cookie Core.
I use Great Value Purified Drinking Water sometimes. It is as good as the rest of the bottle water. My cats used to love bottled water. They were always big water drinkers. I also like peanut butter ice cream but I have never tried Ben and Jerry's.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beverages
-Sparkling rhubarb and apple juice. I discovered it this summer, and I am addicted to it.

-Indian tonic
-Sparkling ice tea

Ice cream/sorbet
Vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, banana/chocolate ice cream, raspberry ice cream, strawberry ice cream, passion fruit sorbet and mango sorbet.
you have sparkling rhubarb, apple juice, Indian tonic, and sparkling ice tea in your fridge, while an assortment of ice cream and sorbet flavors are in the freezer!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

that sounds like you're set! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a pitcher of water, milk, Diet Cherry 7-up, and Diet Squirt in the fridge right now. I don't have any ice cream in the freezer.
you have water, milk, diet cherry 7-up, and diet Squirt in your fridge, and no ice cream in the freezer!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

i've always liked Squirt! :yummy: it's not easy to find in stores in my area.