Question Of The Day, Friday, August 10

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy.....Saturday?! (Let's pretend it's still Friday)

Sorry. Yesterday was incredibly busy, both at work and at home. I kept thinking there was something I needed to do, but never got around to actually doing it. 50 lashes with a wet noodle!

We are all having a party at my house. You are to bring a dish. It can be anything: an appetizer, drinks, side dish, an entree, a dessert, whatever you wish. What would you bring?

I would make BBQ chicken. I'd make it in the oven the day before, but then put it on the grill to warm it back up for dinner. Some broccoli salad.

How about you? What are you bringing to the party?

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like baking and much better at it than cooking (Hate cooking) so I would bring a dessert :)

So probably either an Austrian cheesecake, pastries or soufflé. From my favourite Cordon Blue book!

Or if I am on a bind in time but still want to make something really tasty and unique than a Butterfinger Pie.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get invited to things like this, I usually buy a pound or two of this amazing broccoli bacon salad this place near me makes. Mostly because I know I'll happily eat any leftovers.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on the season and the type of deal that it is. If it's an indoor potluck then I usually bring some type of pasta, sauce, and cheese baked dish. If it is an outdoor cookout type deal then I would bring a big salad with all the different veggies in it and two or three different salad dressings.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
School starts in a week so I'm totally down for pretending its still Friday! :lol::bawling::lol:

I'll bring my pasta salad. Or maybe this Tortellini Caprese Salad I've been making that is ah-maz-ing!! :drool: (I just might make that next week now that I've put it in my head...)

I've made DH a small gluten free portion but it doesn't keep it's texture well. :ohwell:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll bring my infamous lasagna. I made one for my dad to take on a fishing trip with my uncle and my uncle (who I hadn't seen in probably 15 years because he lives in California) thought it was the best thing in the world. He said that he wanted to eat it for breakfast too. :lol: