Question of the Day: Sunday, April 9

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wishing you all a happy Sunday and special Easter greetings to those of you celebrating today - either as a religious festival or as a holiday with chocolate eggs, pesents, and whatever else makes for a happy holiday in your part of the world!

This morning, I gave my cats an Easter box of goodies and wanted to take a photo of them investigating the contents.
My timing was wrong: after breakfast all 4 of them preferred to go back to sleep
The weather was wrong: too much brilliant, hot sunshine producing too many exceedingly comfortable warm places to sleep
and, I'm not a good photographer!

I managed to entice Woolly Bear to witness me opening the box - she grabbed one of the catmint pillows and that was the end of the excitement. The other 3 cats just walked away - not in the least bit amused or interested. Perhaps I'll try again this evening. I now have about 30 useless photos to be deleted.

The best I could do. At least her face is in the picture and not just her tail!
WB Easter 2023.jpg

Can you take good photos of your cats? Or are you as useless as I am? If I could paint, I would have painted Woolly Bear lying next to the box, contents visible, and looking up at me with her chosen present under her paw - but I can't paint either!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a cell and I don't even know where my old camera is that I used back in the day, so I don't take pictures. I was good at taking pictures when I was younger so I assume I still could.
My husband is the one who's always snapping pics of the kitties, so don't worry, we do have LOTS of pictures...he's pretty good at it overall...when the kitties cooperate that is...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly use my Ipad To take pictures since it is almost always in my hand. Problem with it is that closeups don’t turn out well, so distance pictures of the cats are great, but not closeup or when cropped.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take a lot of photos, lots because I usually have to delete most of them. But usually, there is one good photo in there. Cats are notoriously hard to photograph unless you want them asleep. Action shots are just about impossible. I have been trying for months to get a good video of Yammy playing with his 'roundabout', a plastic circle with a track and a ball that goes round and round, he'll get started and then the minute he sees me with my phone he stops and stares!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can take good pictures of the cats, but it depends on lighting and how much they cooperate. I'm very point and shoot with my phone, so if I have to mess with more settings than zoom or flash to get a good picture, it's not happening.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of the pictures I take that end up good, are often purely by luck. I don't have very steady hands for some reason, so a lot of pictures will turn out blurry if I'm only using one hand to take it. Two of my cats are very photogenic though so it's difficult to get a bad picture of them. Maisie on the other hand is impossible to photograph. No matter what she always turns out blurry and I have no idea why.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take pictures of our cats. How good they are is open to debate. Sometimes, though, the stars align, the cat(s) cooperate(s), and the light is just right. But only sometimes.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I usually cheat and take a video, then break it down frame by frame to get the best or funniest shots 🙂

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can if they feel like cooperating. Sophie's better about it than Lilith. Lily will usually cooperate after I ask her if she wants to say hello to sister (DD). If she doesn't feel like it she will turn her head or close her eyes at the last second. :rolleyes2:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to when I had a really good camera. Now I make do with my Pixel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to when I had a really good camera. Now I make do with my Pixel.
🤗.... modesty is the best policy - you take the best pictures on this site! Or is it just that Nilah and Sundar are so accommodating?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
🤗.... modesty is the best policy - you take the best pictures on this site! Or is it just that Nilah and Sundar are so accommodating?
I wondered why you'd laughed at my post.. I though you must have found my Pixel funny :lol:
You're very kind. I used to work in graphics and tend to be pretty pedantic about any photos I take. :)