Question Of The Day, Sunday, April 7th, 2019

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's already been said, but needs to be said again. Reality TV and social media/selfies (FB, instagram, twitter...)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Me too! Did you know it’s a genetic thing? I learned it on Ancestry.com. To some of us it tastes like soap.

Found this on the web:

These people have a variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves.
Not just soap, CHEAP soap.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Reality TV shows based on people who are talentless nobodies; The Bachelor, Housewives of Wherever they Find The, Kardashians, Jersey Shore, etc. etc. etc.
YES, YES, YES!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!!
Add My 6,000 Pound Life, Dr. Pimple Popper, Fat and Fabulous (or whatever it's called) to those shows. What the heck do people see in those shows?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too! Did you know it’s a genetic thing? I learned it on Ancestry.com. To some of us it tastes like soap.

Found this on the web:

These people have a variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves.
Huh. Glad I'm not one of those people, I love the stuff. I grow it so I can have it (and Coriander, which is the ground seeds) fresh.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Girly stuff"---clothes, shoes, makeup, purses, talking on the phone, boys (men now I guess! It was harder to be this way when I was a teenager). I'd die if I were stuck with any of the Real Housewives of wherever or Kardashians or the women from Sex and the City or anybody like that.

Selfies, Instagramming your lunch, sharing TMI on social media, etc. Just no.

I don't like wine. That seems to be a big fad these days. But nope. It tastes like rotten grapes. I can choke down a very sweet wine but it's still not my first choice. I don't like alcohol taste in general, so if I drink it's only very sweet drinks that don't taste like alcohol. Alco-pop, I think it's called.

I think cilantro tastes like soap and I still like it, lol. I wonder which gene that is. I like it in moderation of course, a little bit in salsa. Not like I'd take a big bite of it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Girly stuff"---clothes, shoes, makeup, purses, talking on the phone, boys (men now I guess! It was harder to be this way when I was a teenager). I'd die if I were stuck with any of the Real Housewives of wherever or Kardashians or the women from Sex and the City or anybody like that.

Selfies, Instagramming your lunch, sharing TMI on social media, etc. Just no.

I don't like wine. That seems to be a big fad these days. But nope. It tastes like rotten grapes. I can choke down a very sweet wine but it's still not my first choice. I don't like alcohol taste in general, so if I drink it's only very sweet drinks that don't taste like alcohol. Alco-pop, I think it's called.

I think cilantro tastes like soap and I still like it, lol. I wonder which gene that is. I like it in moderation of course, a little bit in salsa. Not like I'd take a big bite of it.
If I got stuck with the Kardashians, I'd be at my most loud, annoying, rude, crude, redneck ways just to see them lose the minds I'm not sure they have ;)
I too hate shopping for shoes, make-up and purses :thumbsup:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This selfie crap needs to die out.
A few selfies, sure. Take one with your cat, your dog, your horse, whatever but when you feel the urge to share 50 new ones each day (that all look alike) with everyone on the planet, it's narcissistic behavior peaking into the next generation. It's crazy and doesn't impress anyone.
I'm a millennial and probably take a selfie once a month or less just so I can have a fairly updated picture for dating profiles or something, but still, I feel like a narcissist for taking those too. I'm also vehemently against all of these photo manipulation apps. I don't even wear makeup. If I'm going to have a picture of myself, it's going to look like how I look every day, aka makeup-less.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a millennial and probably take a selfie once a month or less just so I can have a fairly updated picture for dating profiles or something, but still, I feel like a narcissist for taking those too. I'm also vehemently against all of these photo manipulation apps. I don't even wear makeup. If I'm going to have a picture of myself, it's going to look like how I look every day, aka makeup-less.
I took a "selfie" a few weeks ago because one of the cats fell asleep, head on my shoulder and I couldn't resist. I sent it to my wife :)
You sound like a wise young lady, you'd be surprised how many guys prefer the "less is more" approach to make up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I got stuck with the Kardashians, I'd be at my most loud, annoying, rude, crude, redneck ways just to see them lose the minds I'm not sure they have
LOL. I like Kourtney, she's a good mom.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Adding Game of Thrones. I don't get the obsession over this tv show:dunno: A lot of people at work are into it and it makes it's way into emails sometimes like the recent one about a fridge clean out that had a Game of Thrones meme thingy included that I totally did not get :confused2:

Last edited:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
grapefruit. I do not understand how anybody can eat those nasty things!
Lobster (way too rich) I would take a plate of king crablegs over lobster. And Maine lobster is the worst! (my bad?)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Reality tv, avocados, coffee, sea salt, salted caramel, kale, Harry Potter, Downtown Abbey, lobster, the list goes on.
I can't even describe how much I dislike kale. It's not up there with the L word or the B word, but close.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like any shellfish. Sea bugs! I'll eat crab or lobster meat in a dip or chowder or whatever but I'm not eating the thing whole. And I don't eat shrimp at all. Lobster used to be considered sea trash and fed to prisoners. I'm with them, lol.

I don't have HBO and wouldn't watch GoT if I did because I don't like graphic violence. But I sort of like having the general cultural concept of it around, if that makes sense. Like the memes and whatever.