Question of the Day, Sunday, 7th of June, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning and Happy Sunday!!

For those of you in the Northern hemisphere, what do you like best about summer
and for those of you in the Southern hemisphere, what do like best about winter?

Northern for me, I like a sunny day, low humidity, and reading on the deck with a beverage.

I'm also growing tomatoes from seed for the first time. excited about that.

What do like best?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy the things that are only present in the summer, the call of a cicada, cottonwood cotton drifting through the air, hearing the crickets and frogs in early mornings that are warm and fragrant with the smell of life, the bounty of the earth, all teaching us to slow down and enjoy the life we have been given.....

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in the northern hemisphere and most enjoy being able to sit outside and listen to or watch the birds and insects. Yesterday a stork flew right past our back balcony, much to Mowgli's intense excitement. They're much more common in Hungary and Austria, so it was a treat to see one here.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Northern hemisphere. Deep south (south of Macon).

Um...I like the longer hours of sunlight. There are more birds and other critters out and about to see, which never gets old to me. I love driving to work and seeing the occasional deer.

Beyond that...not much. The heat isn't necessarily bad (I would actually be comfortable in ~85 degrees), it's the humidity. I hate waking up at 5:45 and the humidity in my garage alone could knock you over. It's too hot during the day to really do anything outside- any sort of exercise, walking, etc. Yardwork is hard because it gets so hot, so fast early in the morning.

Our ultimate goal is to move more northward one day!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Northern hemisphere here, and it’s snowing in the mountains about 25 mikes away! June, people. Snow.

I love seeing the colors of summer, enjoying the long daylight hours, watching the wildlife on our early morning walks.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Northern hemisphere - I enjoy the fact it ISN'T winter! Having windows open, hearing the birds, growing and harvesting the garden, cutting flowers from the flower gardens, the smell of rain on warm pavement, the smell of freshly mown grass, the good tiredness from a hard days work making your yard more beautiful, catching a glimpse of the fireflies dancing, longer days, not being chilly, and just generally being in a better mood than in winter. Enough????:biggrin:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Northern hemisphere: I love the long evenings. I no longer drive in the dark, so in summer I can spend more time and do more away from home. What I dislike intensely are grass mites, which keep me indoors or covered from head to foot when working in the garden (I never used to have this problem - another age-related phenomenon?)