Question of the Day, Sunday 4th of October, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy First Sunday of October. The autumn foliage will be beautiful here in
Ohio soon and I can hardly wait. I already see some leaves changing.🍁🍂

So, there is a cat fundraiser coming up (one of my fantasy questions). You have a choice of donating money

or singing, open mic, dancing, doing a skit, etc. Which would you choose? Song? Dance, Skit? or money donation?
Tell us the song you would sing, instrument you would play, dance you would perform, etc Someone else could sing,
dance, do a skit with you.

I would sing a song....probably Stolen by Dashboard Confessional. I sang it at an open mic about 2 years ago, messed up some words or Creep by Radiohead

What about you?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have severe stage fright. so it would be money for me. Thing is, I can sing, dance and play the piano...but not too confident with acting. So if I was forced to perform, it would probably be playing the piano or signing...with a bag over my head, or from behind a curtain or something so I could hide...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Donate money. Definitely. I have a horrible fear of performing for people.

When I took piano lessons, my teacher held a recital for his students. It was a toss-up to see if I'd even walk over to the piano, let alone play the thing. I knew the song....I had memorized it. And I can really play the piano; I had taken lessons for 14 years. When it was my turn, my parents held their breath. And when I walked to the piano, I swear everyone could hear my parents saying, "OMG, she's really doing it!"

We were living with Rick's parents (for the summer of '72, after Hurricane Agnes destroyed everything we owned). They had an old piano. Well, everybody was gone for the evening and I decided to play. I didn't have any books, but I had memorized a lot of songs. And I was really pounding the keys. I heard a noise, turned around, and Rick's parents were standing in the doorway, just listening. Once I knew they were there, I got up and walked away.

Yeah, a monetary donation sounds good to me.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would donate money, I have no performing talent whatsoever. At least I realize that, I feel sorry for people who think they do and perform. I would also do whatever work needed done to organize and put on the show for the people who do have talent.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ha!!!!!!! I laughed so hard when I read that, thank you!!! I bet you played the best shadow ever!!!
My mother was not pleased, as it meant that she had to buy a sheet, dye it gray, and then cut two eyeholes in it, thus ruining it for further use. Money was always in short supply in those days, and it was an expense that we didn't need.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I would donate money, I have no performing talent whatsoever. At least I realize that, I feel sorry for people who think they do and perform. I would also do whatever work needed done to organize and put on the show for the people who do have talent.
Aw c'mon Denice, I bet you dance up a storm!!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd just donate money.

If forced to do karaoke, I'd sing Blue on Black, for some reason I really like it and I've been bellowing it in the car for a few weeks now, so I think I wouldn't be disastrous. Although we always sound better in the car, don't we, lol.

Definitely no dancing, that would be a disaster. No skits either; I can't act.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd just donate money.

I don't love singing in public, and while I did do one show when I was taking tap dancing classes, it was not a solo! Plus it's been over a year and my beginner skills are kind of rusty. I guess I'd be okay acting in a skit.

Most of the fundraisers I've attended for Lelia's TNR are basically come, eat food, play raffles and bid in the silent auction, so there isn't even a choice to perform!