Question Of The Day, Sunday, 3/24/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

it's the wee hours of the morning here, and my cats are settled in and sleeping peacefully. i'm just getting ready to head off to bed, too!

for today's Question of the Day......

Does your cat(s) dream sometimes (ie, arms or legs moving, or meow/murmur while sleeping)? and if so, What do you think they might dream about?

i'll start!

our Punky dreams, quite often. i imagine her dreams might have birds, bugs, and cat toys in them! :D Punky will have arm/leg movements and make little murmurs while she sleeps.

little DeeDee dreams sometimes, too. i'm certain that at least some of her dreams have her favorite toys in them -- toy mice of various types! :agree: DeeDee doesn't usually have arm/leg movements, and only rarely will meow while sleeping.

and our Dude also most likely dreams, though he either dozes or sleeps deeply. i would guess that his dreams include various critters he's seen while looking out the windows during the night! Dude is very quiet while asleep, and he usually doesn't have arm/leg movements.

How about your cat(s)?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The Beast more so than the cats. She's off somewhere chasing bunnies, I'd guess. Her paws are moving and she's woofing in her sleep.

The cats, OTOH, once they fall asleep, that's it. They don't dream, they snore! They pretty much lay there. They start out all curled up, but as the electric blanket warms them, they start to stretch. I swear the other night, Tabby was at least four feet long from the tip of her tail to the ends of her front paws. Just lying there and snoring like an old buzzsaw.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
The girls, Zoe and Hannah, snore, but don't seem to be dreaming. Rico is out like a light. Ozzy, though, often seems to be dreaming. He makes the cutest little chirping noises and his paws jerk. He's the hunter of our group, so I imagine he's dreaming of pouncing on gophers. :sleepycat:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't noticed my two dreaming. I've had cats in the past who were in a deep enough sleep that they were unaware that I was touching them though. I imagine Remy would probably dream about his favorite toys. Maisie would probably dream about being chased because she's so fearful of everything.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never noticed Ash dreaming before. I think I've seen Frost twitch once or twice, but it hasn't happened often. Ember will occasional twitch in her sleep. Her ears flick and her whiskers move. I've no idea what she's dreaming about as I've never seen her do those movements while awake. She doesn't move much often. The dog sure does though...

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never noticed any of the cats dreaming,etc.When they all go to bed,they're out for the count!My male doxie Otter is the dreamer,and I imagine he's chasing either bunnies or squirrels.He lies in his bed,which is next to mine,and the front feet are going,sometimes his tail and he's just yipping away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Yes they do. It appears they are in a bad dream of being chased by a dog or attacked by a giant mouse ! I often pet them gently to they wake up . They always seem pleasantly surprised that they are indeed safe and the danger was not real .
:petcat::catlove:
your cats do dream, and it appears they're having dreams about being chased by a dog or attacked by a giant mouse!!! :thumbsup: awww, the poor kitties!! :alright:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Beast more so than the cats. She's off somewhere chasing bunnies, I'd guess. Her paws are moving and she's woofing in her sleep.

The cats, OTOH, once they fall asleep, that's it. They don't dream, they snore! They pretty much lay there. They start out all curled up, but as the electric blanket warms them, they start to stretch. I swear the other night, Tabby was at least four feet long from the tip of her tail to the ends of her front paws. Just lying there and snoring like an old buzzsaw.
your Beast dreams more so than your cats!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

our Punky is like that too, her paws moving and little murmurs. :agree: and i don't think i've ever seen Dude doing that. he'll curl up next to me or under the blankets in my arms, and he'll stretch and change positions, but no paws moving or murmurs. :dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Vincie girl makes little mewing sounds....I wonder if she's dreaming about the 5 babies she had? Callie girl snores and sleeps deeply..maybe she's dreaming about a fella.
your Vincie girl makes little mewing sounds, and you wonder if she's dreaming about her 5 babies!!! :cloud9: awww, that's sweet! and Callie girl sleeps deeply and snores, maybe dreaming about a fella!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

our Dude snores, too. :agree: