Question Of The Day, Sunday, 2/3/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

since the 'polar vortex' has moved on from where i live, i can now resume normal daily activities......like enjoying watching our Dude and DeeDee snuggling together! :redheartpump:

for today's Question of the Day......

What's something(s) that your cat(s) does that makes you happy, or smile, or laugh?

i'll start!

i love watching our Dude and DeeDee snuggling! it just makes me so very happy seeing them snuggling together. :cloud9:

for Dude, it's how he snuggles with me in bed. he's such a wonderful snuggler! :redheartpump:

our DeeDee just adores being held and snuggled! this always makes me happy. :D

with Punky, it's the assortment of little mmmmm's and mmmrrrr's she makes most of the day! i know that she's having fun, running, playing, and looking out the windows. and it always makes me smile and laugh, when Punky plays her 'shadow tail game'! this is a game she made up, where she moves around, watching for the shadow of her tail to appear on the floor, and when she sees it she pounces on it. :lol:

okay, now it's your turn!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Every morning the Vincie girl sits on my lap while I'm having tea. She farts and purrs at the same time, poor old lady but I don't mind at all. Callie likes to snuggle in bed with me. She weighs about 20lbs. Sometimes I'll look for something I know is or was there but can't find it. Most of the time she is on top of it. She loves the tablet and the phone. It's hard for me to move a sleeping 20 lb cat! She also snores so loudly that she sounds like a human. :clap:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of folks in the past have written in 'behaviour' about how to stop their cat waking them up at silly hours of the night whilst in bed. Well, I like it when Oliver does that. I love snuggling him but I'm lucky. I can easily drift off again after intermittently waking up for another cuddle.
Mrs boosh doesn't like it and will lock the door but I unlock it when she's nodded off. Tee hee.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like seeing them snuggle. I also like seeing them wrestle :lol:

Selene spends every night with me, and it's so nice to wake up and see her first thing in the morning.

Charlie has started begging for my attention. This is SO major for me.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of folks in the past have written in 'behaviour' about how to stop their cat waking them up at silly hours of the night whilst in bed. Well, I like it when Oliver does that. I love snuggling him but I'm lucky. I can easily drift off again after intermittently waking up for another cuddle.
Mrs boosh doesn't like it and will lock the door but I unlock it when she's nodded off. Tee hee.
How much does Oliver weigh? Is he the one in your profile pic? So cute! My part Maine Coon Callie loves to snuggle as well.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Patches was still with us my two were not snugglers. They got along but Patches liked to aggravate Alice.

Alice is still here. She is 15 but she still wants her daily play session. She has a loud meow and she is insistent about playtime. She also gives me whatfor when I come home from work. How dare I leave her home alone all day.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I like to see my cats enjoy their food. They look forward to mealtimes and often lean against my legs or look up and lick their chops with a happy face . :redcat::catrub:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love hearing Kiwi and Buzz chase each other around the bedroom when I am downstairs. They sound like a herd of elephants. They will run down the stairs, around the living room and back up the stairs. This can go on for 20 minutes or so until they are exhausted. Then there's silence.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it when Mingo jumps up into my arms and head butts my face. He sits there with his head on my face and purrs and purrs. I love it also when Lily jumps up in my lap and walks right up to my face to be petted. She is so cute when she stretches out a paw with her toes spread and then slowly puts it down.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee was nestling into me like a baby would this afternoon and I had the biggest smile on my face - he's such a little cuddler and whenever he cuddles me, nestles into me or wants to be stroked it always makes me happy.
Fudge makes little noises in his sleep which makes me laugh - and just the way how he acts like an old man!
When I'm on my phone or busy and Toffee wants to be stroked, he'll often head butt me causing my phone to knock off my lap.
Toffee also likes to give me his toy mouse so that I can play fetch with him. Like a dog!
Fudge does such a hilarious dance when he's expecting food.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing on this planet has ever made me laugh harder than watching really wound up cats play, and play hard. The little kittens are so cute when they do this, but I am so happy our 12+ years cats still do this on a daily basis. They attack an invisible spot or a simple object (a toy, a sock...) and flip around like they're being shocked by a car battery and then rush around the place sideways with their ears pinned tight to their head, backs arched, tails puffed up....all over a stupid damned sock. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
Queen Bee does this really cute thing if she's in a hallway or a stair well and I go to pass her. She sits and blinks at me pleasantly as I approach, then turns her head and pretends to be blinking at something on the wall then looks back and blinks again as I pass and give her a pat. She just seems so polite. :cloud9:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing with my kitties makes me laugh. But I will never forget the first time I laughed out loud at something Boris :rbheart: did. He was the funniest cat when he played.

When I laughed, he stopped everything and looked at me, crushed. "You are laughing at me?" I apologized and told him that I would never laugh at him, it's just that he is so darned cute that I laugh from joy. After that when I was tempted to laugh I covered my mouth. He would still give me a funny look and I had to assure him that I would not laugh at him, I loved him too much.

Diamond does not have much interest in playing, but my other two cats insist on playing at bedtime. Seal will jump straight up, going for the string toy, sometimes turning flips. So agile and so cute! We usually play on the bed so if he lands funny, he won't get hurt. Leo is so quick! He will go for the string toy, leaping through the air with both large paws in front of him. It is hard to keep the toy away from him! When I laugh, they don't seem offended.:thumbsup: They never fail to make me laugh!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing with my kitties makes me laugh. But I will never forget the first time I laughed out loud at something Boris :rbheart: did. He was the funniest cat when he played.

When I laughed, he stopped everything and looked at me, crushed. "You are laughing at me?" I apologized and told him that I would never laugh at him, it's just that he is so darned cute that I laugh from joy. After that when I was tempted to laugh I covered my mouth. He would still give me a funny look and I had to assure him that I would not laugh at him, I loved him too much.

Diamond does not have much interest in playing, but my other two cats insist on playing at bedtime. Seal will jump straight up, going for the string toy, sometimes turning flips. So agile and so cute! We usually play on the bed so if he lands funny, he won't get hurt. Leo is so quick! He will go for the string toy, leaping through the air with both large paws in front of him. It is hard to keep the toy away from him! When I laugh, they don't seem offended.:thumbsup: They never fail to make me laugh!
Queen Bee does not like being laughed at, she'll actually walk out of the room.
Baby Girl and the others (especially Bee's brother) are like spoiled kids and when they hear laughter, they amp it up a notch. One day I brought home "thing in a bag" and the melodramatic tip toe-ing up to it by everyone at once had me trying to hold it in, but when one cat kept jerking back and making a snort sound everytime it moved, I couldn't hold it in and busted up laughing. The laugh freaked everyone out and cats went EVERYWHERE. Oops. I don't think they thought it was funny one bit.
Over the years, we've had a handful of dogs and horses that ham it up and double their effort whenever they heard laughing, applause, or cheering and it's pretty obvious that they were the best of the best of our performers!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when Maisie lets me pet her and I love when Remy plays fetch. Also seeing Maisie chase a laser pointer is adorable.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this one named Donnie,and he is a character!When all else fails,he'll get into the ashtray,flip himself out a butt and it gets batted from one end of the house to the other...usually with several in hot persuit!Calliope will take my face in her paws and talks,which means she wants to get into the bathroom so she can have a private drink from the sink.My Mystery sleeps with me on my side of the bed,and when I get into bed,she will reach out with her front paws,grab my hand and hang on.Oh my...I could go on.They are all such sweethearts in their own way,and we love them all.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when Maisie lets me pet her and I love when Remy plays fetch. Also seeing Maisie chase a laser pointer is adorable.
I surprised Queenie one day by using the laser pointer and making it land on her front foot and leg. She froze and stared at it, then mock-bit her foot. The laser remained, so she mock bit again. I kid you not, after 2 fake bites without the thing moving, she pulled her head back, tensed her neck, and her eyes got big and she stared at it like someone would if they saw something unbelievable or kind of horrifying :crackup:
Now, she rolls over like a big dope and lets me shine it all over her body and she lays on her back and stares at it creeping up her belly. Sometimes she forgets the actual dot and stares at the toy in my hand like she's got the whole thing figured out :cloud9:
Baby Girl sometimes will look at the toy in my hand, let her head go from side to side, then walk off. It reminds me of me, I mean, someone, who sees something they don't understand but doesn't want anyone to know they have no clue. So they stare at it, fiddle with it, say "...huh." a few times, then walk off.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noodles attacks water drops from the spout in my bathtub. Sometimes she pats my leg for attention.

Mooch meeps at me and does her best to get in my lap.
Mooch and Baby Girl are cousins I think, because BG will sit a foot away from me and squint. If I ignore her, she'll slowly make her way over and slither into my lap. If I move her away, she gives me a pitiful meep sound and if I don't, she slithers into my lap then hunkers down.
Moving her once she's made her place is like moving a 75 pound sack of wet cement.