Question of the day - Sunday 13 February

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hand sewed some pillow like toys from scraps as a kid. My cats never cared for them. :rolleyes2: :lol:

I have a couple knit octopus/spider toys a friend sent me one Christmas. I think they have Honeysuckle or another catnip alternative in it. Noodles went nuts for it the first time she sniffed it. Then it lost its luster quickly. Mooch never liked it. They came from a shelter fundraiser too.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I've made them lots of things. Mainly outdoor stuff, tree house and things to climb.
LittleBoy21.jpg

The tree house is definitely a favourite.
Button59.jpg
ForestCat103.jpg

This bed didn't quite turn out the way I'd hoped, but they use it all the time so I guess it's comfortable.
CatBed2.jpg

When I had access to a potter's wheel I made a few bowls for The Mu too.
Bowl3.jpg

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I quickly dispose of all rubber bands, very dangerous. Even supervised I wouldn't feel comfortable. You are braver than I am.
Fortunately for all involved there are very few rubber bands here so this isn't a common event . What is more common is what comes with sausage: here in Brazil the sausage used for barbeque comes with a plastic piece on the ends to close the sausage. Both Pantera and Pimenta love to chase them. They're the right size- small, but small enough to swallow- and have the smell of sausage ( i.e. chicken or pork). At any one time there are about 8-10 of them in the apartment :runningcat::runningcat:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fortunately for all involved there are very few rubber bands here so this isn't a common event . What is more common is what comes with sausage: here in Brazil the sausage used for barbeque comes with a plastic piece on the ends to close the sausage. Both Pantera and Pimenta love to chase them. They're the right size- small, but small enough to swallow- and have the smell of sausage ( i.e. chicken or pork). At any one time there are about 8-10 of them in the apartment :runningcat::runningcat:
Definitely something to attact the kitties.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine loved their Yeowww catnip banana so much that I thought I’d make one for them using Yeowww catnip. I used canvas and the original banana as a pattern. It looks exactly the same. EXACTLY THE SAME, CATS! PLAY WITH THE STINKIN’ HOMEMADE BANANA. But no. Not interested. :sigh: :lol:

I made a crinkle ball from cellophane and got a similar reaction. :yawn: Boooring. Oddly, they care nothing for boxes.
Sophie LOVES boxes. Lilith could not care less about them. :lol:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
didn't so much make as I adapted an old all-plastic kiddie fishing pole to a wand toy on steroids. Using a heavy duty needle to pass the line through a fuzzy mouse, we can cast it all around a room. The stampede to catch it is impressive.
Thats a great idea..perfect for my hyper active boy..might get to get rid of his extra energy before bedtime and get to sleep before 11.00pm

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I really enjoy making pom poms.. My two love them, as do cats I've given them too. :)
They're a lot of fun to make, too.

Little ones using a fork:

Three inch ones using a cardboard template:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
These look just like the ones that Iris is obsessed with, mani mani ! I’ll have to try making some. Mocha likes to bat them around, but Iris carries them around the house and then lies down and holds them in her mouth.

“Er urph mrr yrn uls, Mm.” (Translator function engaged: “I could use more yarn balls, Mom.”
F7749F4E-1A88-4BAA-947B-5760A0A8C388.jpeg
4F8C9494-EBC7-458A-9887-E2B515AF1656.jpeg