Question of the Day, Sunday 10 May, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS, BE IT MOTHERS OF
HUMAN CHILDREN OR MOTHERS OF 4 LEGGED or (3,2,1,0) Babies. SOME COUNTRIES
CELEBRATE THIS ON OTHER DATES,SO SAME TO YOU!!

I've been pondering fave movies, books, shows, etc.

What is your fave line(s) or scene(s) from a movie, book, poetry, tv show?
You may have as many as you'd like to share.

Mine is a line from the song by Alanis Morresette,You Oughta Know
"Did you forget about me, Mr.
Duplicity, I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner."

"so it goes, Slaughterhouse- Five

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just remembered another that brings a smile to my face. My fav film Zulu when the welsh regiment were fighting the Zulus at Rourkes Drift.
Captain..Remember the Zulus can run 50 miles and fight a battle at the end of it.
Private... Well thats daft it is then ,I dont see no sense in running to fight a battle.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really think of a specific line right now. All I know is that I'm a sucker for a good comedic one liner. Especially those that "fly under the radar" to most of the audience. Like....
'You're going to need a bigger boat' from the first Jaws movie.
I have huge respect for writers and actors who can pull off a good one liner that just sneaks up on you. It's a lot harder than I think most people realize.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the ending speech from The Great Dictator. It's incredibly powerful, and just as relevant now as it was in 1940. I also love the end of City Lights. If you decide to watch it, prepare for tears. The Gold Rush has so many wonderful scenes-the boot dinner, Jim's food hallucination, and especially the roll dance.

I can't forget to mention my favorite Doctor Who episode, "Vincent and the Doctor". It's so bittersweet, and there are two powerful scenes that make me cry no matter how many times I've seen them. "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Mothers Day to all the MOMS out there!!!!!!

Although i encourage everyone to stay safe and healthy during the pandemic once its over (whenever that will be:() ........................

You gotta fight, for your right, to PAAAARTY! (Bestie Boys, Licensed to ill, 1986):celebrate:
My Mother's Day is spent doing surveys and Swagbucks lol

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: No. No, it isn't.”
That's my favorite LOTR quote but I have so many other favorites.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hopeless romantic in me loves quotes about love. Here's one favorite from one of my favorite movies, Big Fish.
"They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops. And that’s true. What they don’t tell you, is that once time starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up."

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really think of a specific line right now. All I know is that I'm a sucker for a good comedic one liner. Especially those that "fly under the radar" to most of the audience. Like....

I have huge respect for writers and actors who can pull off a good one liner that just sneaks up on you. It's a lot harder than I think most people realize.
Me too!