Question of the Day, Saturday the 28th of August, 2001

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Saturday and soon, Good Riddance to hot steamy August!

Do you keep a journal or diary? What kind of things do you write in it? What does it look like?

One of mine is pink, from Papier, a Christmas gift from a friend. I write my thoughts, good words I've
seen played on Words with Friends, and upcoming appointments..dreams

I have another in red, from Levenger. I use it for finances, etc

What about you?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I keep two.

One in English that is just a log of what hours I'm working, which students I'm teaching, what textbooks etc I'm using. I keep another one in Japanese that's about what I've been doing, stories about the cats and other things. I read through my weekly entries with my Japanese teacher and she corrects any mistakes I've made. She knows all about my cats by now.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tried various times on the past, but it never lasts. Like I kept a gratitude journal during Lent, and was forgetting near the end.

I have been keeping a food journal these past few months. I basically just write down everything I eat. It's so if J has a reaction, I can look back at what we've eaten over the past couple days, and how I figured out I needed to cut fish for now.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understood at a young age that anything I wrote would be read by an authority figure and ridiculed/punished/spread to all friends and neighbors, at which point I never wrote down anything personal again.

But I should get an app to keep track of things like aquarium water changes, snake feedings, litterbox changes, etc.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont keep a journal but I do keep a spiral notebook - the 2 x 3 size that is small enough to tuck into my purse. These contain reminders, shopping lists, to do’s, projects etc but also the bigger things like life goals. I have a huge box of past ones in my closet and reading through them is sort of like reading a diary.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have in the past, mostly to vent about situations I found frustrating. It was a great relief.

I use a daily planner (paper) to list chores and appointments. I don't call it a diary at all. The Brits call that a diary, but I don't; it's a planner. I had a friend years ago who was outraged that the Royal Family expected Princess Diana to keep a diary. My friend thought it should be a personal choice, not an obligation, but she was thinking of a journal, not an appointment book. Oh, the UK and the US, two countries separated by a common language. :dunno:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
If any IOS users are looking for a good online calendar/journal, take a look at Opus One in the App Store. I have been using it for a few years and love that you can write long notes for each day.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sort of. I have a journal that I write in every once in a while, but not very often, and I have another one that I use mainly for for Bible notes and such, but every once in a while, I’ll use it to write down my thoughts when I’m feeling especially stressed or anxious or something. (Those pages are usually illegible because I’m just trying to get my thoughts down as fast as I can.)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. My thoughts are way too personal to be potentially shared. I wrote one vent letter as a teen that was read and to me thats a complete violation.

I used to keep very meticulous phone records at work because so many calls we turned into messages for the doctor. Those came in handy often!

I also kept logs when my kids were babies because honestly you can forget you just fed your kid when you’re sleep deprived. :lol2: And it helps to know their diaper habits.

But other than that; I don’t even keep up school planners well.