Question Of The Day. Saturday The 23rd Of December.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning!

:sunshine:

I guess everyone who works or goes to school will have started their winter holidays by now. It's the start of the Christmas weekend.

:woo:

What do you wear around the house at this time of year? Do you bundle yourself up in lots of sweaters? Do you stay in your PJ's all day? Do you have any festive outfits that you put on if you have people coming? Tell us about your winter woolies here.

:deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer::deer:
:evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen:

It's pretty cold here so I have to wear plenty of layers. I like long sleeved thermal undershirts and thick fluffy socks, big sweaters or hooded fleece tops and thick tracksuit style pants. I wear a lot of black so I guess I look a bit like a Gothic Eskimo. My only slightly festive adornment is some sparkly green nail polish.

How about you, what are you wearing this weekend?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a nasty cold which is typical this time of year so in my pjs! Usually I wear tracksuit bottoms when I’m in the house! :)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
In the winter, I wear a pair of leggings, socks, slippers, a nice, extra large sweatshirt, sometimes with a long sleeve shirt under it.. sometimes, I wear a huge mens heavy flannel shirt over it...

I never 'dress up' in the house.. I am very casual.

Although, I am discovering that I am getting chillier as I age....

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We only heat a couple of rooms (the kitchen, bathroom, and living room), and even they are still pretty cool, so I normally wear a long-sleeved thermal undershirt and tights under a fleece top and jeans.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear jean shorts and a tee shirt around the house all year long. I don't like to wear pants because they rub my knees. I keep the temp around the house at 66 degrees. I can't stand to be hot.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My only slightly festive adornment is some sparkly green nail polish.
I like that idea! :thumbsup: In fact, I may have to borrow it from you.

Ever since we had our dog I always wore comfortable clothes at home in case I had to go out at a moment's notice. ;)
So it's yoga pants and a hoodie or thermal shirt with sweat pants for me when the temperatures dip. Most of all, I couldn't live without my Smartwool hiking socks for warmth and comfort.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I refer to my look as NANOOK OF THE NORTH! I cut my hair really short since I get up at 4:45am and I want to dry it and go. Problem is that my head gets COLD so I wear a SANTAS' HAT ro keep my head and ears warm. And I'm so glad boots were invented- cowboy, UGGS, KNEE HIGHs!!! I do not wear the hat except in bed.

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I am under the weather. So, it is sweatpants and hoodie today. Usually, I wear comfortable pants and sweater. Especially always being so cold. Hahah!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's 79 degrees outside. What is this "winter" you speak of? :lol: :sunshine:

I am wearing a tank top and yoga pants. No one is coming over so no one to dress up for. The evening gown I usually wear when entertaining the cats is at the cleaners. I am hoping that they will overlook this transgression if I fix them a delicious treat to make up for it. :lol:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
In the winter, I wear a pair of leggings, socks, slippers, a nice, extra large sweatshirt, sometimes with a long sleeve shirt under it.. sometimes, I wear a huge mens heavy flannel shirt over it...

I never 'dress up' in the house.. I am very casual.

:yeah::cold:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
It's 79 degrees outside. What is this "winter" you speak of? :lol: :sunshine:

I am wearing a tank top and yoga pants. No one is coming over so no one to dress up for. The evening gown I usually wear when entertaining the cats is at the cleaners. I am hoping that they will overlook this transgression if I fix them a delicious treat to make up for it. :lol:
:flail: :crackup::catlove::catrub:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
We keep the thermostat set at 65 however since we are upstairs, we get some warmth from the downstairs apartment so the temp usually stays around 70ish. I'm usually in a long sleeve thermal shirt under a short sleeve tee shirt with Sponge Bob Pajama pants and thick socks. Right now i'm in jeans and a long sleeve tee since Gypsy and I are heading outside as soon as I get the dishwasher loaded and going. Poor Scott had to work today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I basically live in pjs or athletic pants. I put on jeans if I'm leaving the house. ;) I have some nice warm socks and a hoodie if I'm cold. I also have a great bathrobe thats basically a blanket it's so plush and fuzzy. The cats like to sleep on it so sometimes I leave it out on the couch just for them. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I refer to my look as NANOOK OF THE NORTH! I cut my hair really short since I get up at 4:45am and I want to dry it and go. Problem is that my head gets COLD so I wear a SANTAS' HAT ro keep my head and ears warm. And I'm so glad boots were invented- cowboy, UGGS, KNEE HIGHs!!! I do not wear the hat except in bed.

:flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail::flail:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me, too.

Polar fleece sweat pants, knee high compression socks doing double duty as slipper socks, tee shirt, long-sleeved flannel shirt on top of that. My old fleece hoodie bit the dust a while back and I haven't been able to find a good replacement yet.
We finally got some snow a couple of days ago :bunnydance: and it's been cold ever since, though it's sunny out and the roads are clear. :crossfingers: for more snow, especially in the mountains. Snow now means fewer wild fires this summer (yes, we get them in Colorado, too) and more water to send downstream to California, where it's needed so desperately.

Norachan Norachan , I'm still giggling at the mental picture of you as a goth Eskimo.

Margret

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I was just talking to my family about this. I like fleece for hanging out at night and sleeping in but once I get up, I have to change into jeans and a t-shirt before I can accomplish anything. I feel like if I'm wearing jammies or lounge clothes, I can't do any serious thinking. :lol: If it's chilly, I'll add a fleece jacket or flannel shirt over the t-shirt.

If we have people coming over, I might brush my hair. :D

We went out to brunch this morning and I did wear my fancy holiday t-shirt. :)

Photo on 12-23-17 at 2.55 PM.jpg

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At Christmas time, I have an assortment of Christmas sweat shirts and tops. With those and various Christmas socks, I decorate myself.

In winter months, I wear jeans, socks, shoes, undershirt and long sleeve top, usually a sweat shirt. Our house in in the middle of a big old farm, no trees to break the wind. When the wind blows from the north, it is coming off the river and it is cold.