Question of the Day, Saturday the 17th of September, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Weekend!!

Do you have any keepsakes? Things you would never throw out?

I have a piece of my Vincie girl's💕💞 hair that I keep in a change purse.

What do you have?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have photos on my One Drive. I have wooden boxes with Patches and Alice's ashes. I also have their paw prints in plaster. That is about it. I am not a real sentimental person,

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few things that I won't part with. Photos mainly, I have kept the first mother's day cards the kid's made for me, thing's like that they mean nothing to anybody else but to me they are priceless.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a memory box I made with special trinkets from our dog and last cat. I also have photos, my dad's military medals and some small pieces of jewelry from my mom. As for my own children, I save everything, lol. 😉

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have of box of keepsakes from my childhood and teen years. Ribbons from county fairs, dance mementos etc. I rarely look at it but would never toss it. I also have some locks of hair from my son’s first haircut.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of pictures...my wedding album,pics of our son thru the years,kitties thru the years,our doxies.I have treasures that were given from dear friends....hubby says I have too much junque!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sentimental, so you've been warned. For pets, I have ink paw prints (done crudely at home) or clay prints done at the vets, locks of hair taken during their lifetimes and stored/labeled/dated in ziploc baggies. I keep them in their vet records. IDK why but I have vet records for the past 15 years, and I now have two large 3 ring notebookes stuffed full of them, each pet separately divided by a file folder. (I still have the label I peeled off of the last can of food a special cat I lost in 2010 ate tucked into his file!)
I keep it all in a large dresser (that belonged to my Great Grandfather) in my closet and every pets memories has their own place. There are toys and leashes in there, too.
One of my Grandmothers really cool old hat boxes contains a lot of little keepsakes, like her favorite casual sweat shirt, gunshells from my Grandpa's funeral service, and handwritten notes from friends or customers (most which by now have passed away.) My Grandmother was great at making crafts. The last thing she made before she passed was a little gingerbread man. That little gingerbread man is in that hatbox and ready to be grabbed in case of fire. All of this is organized and stored in a large closet that has music playing almost all the time. It's kind of a peaceful little place. (And, is one of the few areas of my house that has any organization left :) )

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept one shirt of my son's when he was around 5 or 6 years old. I donated the rest long time back. I cannot let go of that one. It was the time before I left for overseas, the last moments I had of my son when he was just a child. Each time I'd come home for vacation, he had grown several inches high.

Another one is a tiny sto. nino figurine given to me by my Mom before she passed away. She said it would protect me from harm and hurt, being a devout Catholic that she was. When I feel so sad, I just hold it in my palm and cry and comfort myself with the thought that my mom is beside me at those moments.

And of course, photos!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything made by my mother or sister. The memorial items of my RB kitties that are on the mantle (ashes, fur, pawprints, pictures). Photos. A watch that belonged to my grandmother, who died when I was 4.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
About six months after our son was born, Hurricane Agnes ripped through the northeast and we lost pretty much everything. I don't have many mementos of his really early months.

I have a little baggie of one of Rick's beards. And another little baggie of one of our son's hair cuts. They're in my bureau drawer and I swear I'd grab them first (after the cats!!) if the house was on fire. I know it's weird, but I've had them forever.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a tote box of keepsakes/school stuff from kindergarten to high school. A lot of report cards, some random projects, essays I've written, and then awards and ribbons. It probably has no meaning to anyone but me, but whatever.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my dogtags and eagle-and-chevron petty officer hat pin from my time in the service. I also have my namesake's 1937 employee rulebook from the New York Central railroad, as well as his gold and sapphire ring. The final thing is a pearl tietack that belonged to my father. That's about it for me.