Question of the Day Saturday Oct 26

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Well I've just finished my brain-training program for the day ... I pay for one of the online ones.

I also find that meditation helps.

What do you do to keep your brain 'tuned'?

Maybe you study, do brain-training, puzzles, or something else?

Last edited:

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read, work on puzzles and have been working on my concentration lately. I have a super short attention span and will change subjects several times over the course of a short conversation so I've been trying to recognize when my mind starts to wonder off before I've gotten out what I had wanted to say on the subject at hand. I also kind of trail off in the middle of talking about something and then forget what I was talking about since I myself wasn't paying close attention. Usually I'd ask whoever I was talking to what I had just been talking about but now I stop and try my best to remember on my own and it's making a huge difference.

I need to tune my brain since I'll be starting college in January!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am often fried from studying for school, so for me to stay sharp I need breaks. A walk, workout, nap...anything to just give me a break.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Probably not enough. 
  I go through phases of sudoku, and word searches or word games, and go for walks or a swim sometimes but not enough.  I've always had to use my brain a lot in my work but when I stop doing that in a couple of months I'll have to find other stuff because it's unlikely any future jobs I get will be as challenging.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a huge bookroom, so love to read! from novels to history books. Also I love historical documentaries, if those count.

But for actual brain-testing whatnots, I have been enjoying these games (on my phone) where you solve mystries and/or have to figure out creative clues and methods to break out of a room.

They can by quite mind nagging and challenging. Some can be a bit too crummy or illogical, but there are some games out there that are really well done, interesting and solid. I like them!

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to follow current events in the world news- particularly concerning biblical prophesy in the Middle East, & U.S. evolving political drama. I never get bored or run out of these kind of articles to read online. Among my favorites is American Thinker & Prophesy Update blogspot.

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My job requires me to use my brain a lot on a daily basis, so that's pretty much it!

I used to do the daily word search puzzles in the online version of our news paper, but they've since made that part of the subscription service, so it's no longer free.

Other than that I read, play arcade games in facebook such as Words with Friends, take classes, and google search all kinds of things to read up on.

Also sometimes I go to that site Luminosity and do the free puzzles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

They can by quite mind nagging and challenging. Some can be a bit too crummy or illogical, but there are some games out there that are really well done, interesting and solid. I like them!

Yes, there are games that are designed to 'activate' different parts of the brain.  I find them really useful.  It's a 'use it or lose it' thing! 

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read a lot and no matter what you read, you learn something so I've been told.  I also watch Jeopardy most nights and learn quite a bit from those answers.