Question Of The Day - Saturday, May 1st

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning folks

I know it's really early but it's May 1st here so I'll post this now while I'm awake.

Earlier this week I had to replace my stove. I was pretty old and I definitely needed a new one. Which brings me to the QOTD!

What was the last appliance you had to replace?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May 1st here too, late afternoon

I haven't replaced anything for a long time, soon I will need a new fridge since I have mums old one.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ummm....Toaster was the last one and it wasn't a replacement....it was an addition....

hmmm. I don't think we've had to replace an appliance in the last few years....so I guess the last one would be the washing machine, prolly a few yrs ago when our 20+yr old one finally died.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dishwasher broke down a couple years ago. I can live without one, but my landlord replaced it anyway. Since I rent, I don't have to worry about buying these items--thank God.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a new fridge a few years ago. I was tired of bending down to get milk out, so we got one with the freezer in the bottom. A roll out drawer type.

Absolutely love it. Now the fridge part is at eye level.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our oven broke about a month after we bought this house 4 years ago. We lived without for about a year until we had the kitchen remodeled, then we replaced all of the kitchen appliances (stove, dishwasher, fridge).

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL @ Ruth!

We replaced a dryer most recently. Well, it's the landlord's, but DH went out and bought it and installed it.

buttercup29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a bigger coffee machine as DH decided that he wanted to drink coffee again and so I went from a 4 cup to a 10 cup.
This week I had to buy a part for my washing machine as the part that makes the machine agitate which is very small and fits in the lid broke about a month ago because Darby jumped down on the lid as DH was closing it and the piece snapped off. I had to use a screwdriver to make it agitate. The part which is about the size of a pen lid cost almost 13 bucks but the alternative was to spend 1000. on a new machine.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had to get our fridge replaced last summer. We moved in and all of our food kept spoiling within days. My landlord got us a new fridge. Things like that make me glad I rent and don't have to buy new ones.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
refrigerator (2003) ... but i live in a different county now so that refrigerator is now serving someone else

Edit: oh, smaller appliances count? then vacuum (2009)

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just last week! A handmixer. It was 3 years old, and pretty cheap. I put together all the stuff for chocolate chip cookies, was going to cream together the butter and the two sugars.....the mixer wouldn't work. Nothing....nada. How frustrating. It was totally dead. So, I put the stuff in the refrigerator, and had to wait until the next morning to get a new mixer, as I didn't have a chance to get out the day before. The new one is great!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Microwave...not because we had to but we saw a wicked stainless steel one on the street with a free sign on it, so we got a new one
We live next to a posh neighbourhood and they give away nice stuff!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Just last week! A handmixer. It was 3 years old, and pretty cheap. I put together all the stuff for chocolate chip cookies, was going to cream together the butter and the two sugars.....the mixer wouldn't work. Nothing....nada. How frustrating. It was totally dead. So, I put the stuff in the refrigerator, and had to wait until the next morning to get a new mixer, as I didn't have a chance to get out the day before. The new one is great!
You had a mixer attached to you! It is called hands! You could have mixed them by hand... jk

I recently bought a blender and a juicer. The major appliances are provided by the apartments.